Flinders University recognises significant contributions to the University through the awarding of:
Other awards and prizes
There are a number of awards and prizes across the University's four faculties specifically for:
- recognition of service
Details of all awards and prizes, including rules for prizes, can be found at Policies and Procedures.
- be a distinguished scholar in a field of academic endeavour in which the University is involved or has a direct interest, or
- in the case of the award of the degree of Doctor of the University, be a person who is generally recognised for distinguished public service.
More informationFor more information about Honorary degrees, refer to:
The award of Companion of the University allows the University to recognise in a public way the contributions of persons to the University and/or the community. In some instances Council may acknowledge the contribution of an organisation by the recognition of its chairperson, president or secretary. The contribution will be in the form of conspicuous continued involvement in:
- promotion of the academic purposes of the University or facilitation of those purposes in any particular activity of the University
- fostering links between the University and other institutions
- representation of the University's needs for resources for its growth and diversification and supply of such resources, or
- other activities identified by the Council on the recommendation of the Awards Committee or the Academic Senate as significant in the development or promotion of the community and/or the University.
More informationFor more information about the Companion of the University, refer to:
Nominees must be members of Convocation (ie graduates of Flinders University), and must be shown to have made a substantial and outstanding contribution to the community through:
- leadership in their field or profession
- the advancement of knowledge
- the advancement of professional practice, or
- community service.
More informationFor more information about the Convocation Medal, refer to:
- Faculty of Education, Humanities and Law
- Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences.
Flinders University Business Plan Competition
Refer to the Rules of the prizes .
Flinders University Medal Prize recipients
Flinders University Medal Prize Recipients are listed by name, degree and year.