Flinders University and Anglicare SA have formed a partnership that aims to deliver education and research outcomes to benefit a broad spectrum of the community.
A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed in 2009 by Flinders Vice-Chancellor Professor Michael Barber and the then Anglicare SA CEO Dr Lynn Arnold. The MOU allows for student placements, learning opportunities and employment pathways, as well as staff professional development in a range of areas. It also envisages the development of a collaborative research agenda that includes contributing to policy development in the social policy domain.
The MOU was updated and re-signed in 2014.
The organisations will establish, maintain, and extend cooperation among themselves in the following areas of collaboration:
- public awareness
- workforce development
- student placement, learning and employment pathways
- service/practice and policy development.
The organisations maintain a Steering Committee that meets quarterly. It's role is to initiate, develop and recommend specific programs and projects and to coordinate, monitor, review and report on the implementation of the MOU.
The membership includes a representative of the senior management of each Organisation (the Responsible Officers).
The Steering Committee develops an annual plan of activities and projects which the Organisations have agreed to undertake in the following year.
As part of the MOU, each organisation has designated Responsible Officers:
Professor Andrew Parkin,
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
The Reverend Peter Sandeman
Chief Executive Officer, Anglicare SA
Other members of the Steering Committee
- Dr Ian Goodwin-Smith, Director Australian Centre for Community Services Research, Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Mr Anthony Hails, Flinders University
- Ms Sharyn Osborn, General Manager, People and Culture, Anglicare SA
- Associate Professor Deb King, School of Social and Policy Studies, Flinders University
- Associate Professor Carol Irizarry, Social Work and Social Planning, Flinders University
- Mr Ian Byrne, General Manager, Marketing and Strategy, Anglicare SA
- Ms Nancy Penna, General Manager, Community Services, Anglicare SA