48 hours prior notice is required for permits to carry out planned work.
In the case of asbestos removal a 5 day advanced notice to comply with Safework SA requirements.
Workers must obtain from the University, permits to work PRIOR to work commencing.
These permits must be fully completed and signed by both the contractor and the University.
All permits must be returned to the Operations Reception at sign out.
Contractors must obtain a Permit to Work from the University for work involving the activities detailed as follows:
Permit is to be completed and authorized prior to any isolation of services
Permit is to be completed and authorized prior to any work being undertaken involving any torch work, burning, grinding, powered metal cutting, welding brazing or flame cutting.
Note: Hot work permits will not be issued on either a declared fire ban in the Mt. Lofty area or on a day of total fire ban.
You can only enter a Confined Space if you are trained and authorized. Permit is to be completed prior to any entry to a confined space.
Permit is to be completed and authorized prior to any work being undertaken: when excavation is deeper than 200 mm
Permit is to be completed and authorized prior to any work being undertaken: within 2 metres of any roof edge (unless a suitable permanent edge protection system exists); or where the use of fall protection equipment is required; or where Elevating Work Platforms are to be used; or where scaffolding is erected
- Work with or removal of asbestos
Before a Flinders University Asbestos Permit is authorised, copies of the following documents are required on site:
- Copy of the Sample Analysis Test Results
- The removalist’s licence to remove asbestos
- The removalist’s current insurance cover for asbestos removal
- The current training records for staff undertaking the removal work
- The asbestos removal notification from SafeWork SA
- Proposed air monitoring program if required
- The Safe Work Procedures for the proposed work
- A site specific Safe Work Method Statement/JSA, which must be read & signed by all staff undertaking the removal work.
- Asbestos Removal Control Plan
University Asbestos Management Co-ordinator
Telephone: 8201 2177
Asbestos Management Co-ordinator is responsible for coordinating and ensuring University-wide compliance with the Asbestos Management Plan; and ensuring the University’s Asbestos Register is maintained, reviewed, kept up-to-date and made available as required by legislation