A fleet of pool vehicles are available for business use by staff of the University and associated bodies on a first-come-first-served basis (though priority is given to University staff).
Cars available are:
- 12-seater vans
- 4WD vehicles
Selected vehicles have tow bars fitted.
Can be made through the Transport Office on 8201 2015 between 7:00am to 4:30pm.
A completed booking form (available from school or faculty offices or the Transport Office) must be provided. When collecting a vehicle, all drivers must register in person with their driver's licence.
The Transport Office is located in in the Buildings and Property Operations building, Physical Sciences Road, car park 9. Assistance to car park 9 is available via the loop bus, please see timetable at http://www.flinders.edu.au/campus/bedford-park/location/loop-bus.cfm
All drivers are required to complete the FLO online Driver Induction Quiz when hiring a University Pool Vehicle for the first time.
- Motor vehicle bookings must be made by contacting the Transport Office on 8201 2015
- Vehicle booking times are limited. Any change to requirements must be communicated to the Transport Office as soon as possible. Failure to do so may result in the loss of vehicle booking.
- Prior to collection of the vehicle full details of the booking must be provided on the University Vehicle Pool Booking form, including the account against which the vehicle cost is to be charged and approved.
- When processing vehicle bookings, University business will be given priority over associated bodies.
There is a detailed policy covering Use of Vehicles on University Business.
Fuel purchases should be made by use of the Fuel Card provided, located in the logbook issued with the keys at the time of collection, and used at the various Fuel Providers.
Purchases should be recorded in the logbook and the receipts returned to the Transport Office.
If for any reason the Fuel Card provided cannot be used to pay for fuel, the receipts should be retained and presented to the Transport Office for reimbursement. Purchases over $50 need to be claimed back using the Staff Expenses Form via the Accounts Office.
Charges for Use of Pool Vehicles
Charges for off campus travel are set from time to time by the Director, Buildings and Property on a cost recovery basis.
As a guide, charges are:
Minimum charge $20 per trip then calculated at:
- Sedans 85 cents/km.
- Utilities 90 cents/km.
- 4WD 95 cents/km.
- 12 Seater Bus 1.00 cents/km.
Field Trips and Conferences
- If the vehicle is required for a field trip or extended period of more than one day, a booking form should be submitted to the Transport Office one week in advance.
- On extended journeys of several days’ duration, drivers should regularly take rest breaks as per the Flinders University WH&S Policy.
- Additional equipment for field trips should be purchased by the user after completing a Risk Assessment as per Faculty WH&S procedures.
- 4WD vehicles are suitable for mild/simple extended off-road field work. Additional spare wheel can be supplied upon request.