Green Transport Office
Flinders encourages the reduction in the number of solo occupant vehicles that commute to campus on a daily basis, and the Green Transport Office was established to help achieve this goal.
The Green Transport Office aims to reduce the number of solo occupant vehicles by using the following mechanisms:
- Promoting and educating students and staff about sustainable transport modes; public transport, cycling, walking and car pooling.
- Providing discounts, competitions and incentives that encourage students and staff to use sustainable transport.
- Providing current information about sustainable transport.
- Liaising with the Office for Public Transport and Transport SA to ensure that services to and from the university are adequate for cyclists and public transport users.
- Collecting statistics and opinions from staff and students about their travel patterns and choices.
- Operating the Online Car Pool Matching System.
- Acting on behalf of the university population on Local Council and State based boards and committees relevant to transport.
The Green Transport Office can help you develop specific ideas to suit specific needs.
The Green Transport Office is open from 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday and is located in Room 011A in the Registry Building.
For more information, phone (08) 8201 2015.