Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics, ACPFG PhD Research Scholarships
The Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics (ACPFG) www.acpfg.com.au is a world class research organisation that uses the latest biotechnology / gene technology to generate cereal crops like wheat and barley that can withstand Australia’s tough environmental conditions. The centre’s aim is to deliver solutions to Australian farmers and contribute to global food security.
ACPFG is offering PhD Research Scholarships for students in the following areas: Agriculture, Biology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Chemical / software Engineering, Computer Science, Genetics, Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Physics, Plant Physiology, Science, Statistics.
Chemskill, Bioanalytical Scientist - Sports Drug Testing
Our client is a recognised leader in the Sports Drug Testing field and has an envious reputation not only in Australia, but also with many of its overseas competing facilities. They have requested the services of ChemSkill to assist them in sourcing a talented Bioanalytical Scientist to assist the Team Leader to establish and then develop their new Bioanalytical Research Group. Reporting to the Team Leader, the individual will:
• Manage and operate the Bioanalytical Research Group's equipment.
• Assist in developing methods of analysis for proteins and peptides in biological fluids.
• Adapt exist analytical methods for protein and peptide analysis for robust and routine use.
• Collaborate with the main Laboratory staff on rapid substance identification and analytical method development for novel substances.
• Maintain inventory stocks for the Group.
• Recommend specific equipment needs for the on-going, efficient functioning of the Group.
In order to be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
• Have a minimum of a degree majoring in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, or a related discipline with previous experience in Bioanalytical analysis.
• Strong experience in Bioanalytical analysis, such as LC/MS, SDS-PAGE, IEF, Electrophoresis, Western Blotting, Immunoaffinity extraction methods, protein sequencing and related techniques.
• Well established organisational skills that will allow you to develop workable and sound solutions in an efficient and effective manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to develop workable and sound conclusions when reviewing data.
• Be flexible and adaptable in dealing with unexpected problems that may arise during method development.
This is truly the opportunity of a lifetime. You will be at the forefront of bioanalytical analysis and will play an important part in establishing the direction of the Research Group.
Evolve Scientific Recruitment, Research Assistant – Cancer Biology, Biotechnology
This company is a world leader in the innovative R&D of therapeutic drugs for a range of illnesses and diseases.
You will provide hands on support for the R&D programs in developing novel protein-based oncology therapeutics. Your hands-on experience in cancer biology/immunology will be used to progress potential therapeutics from discovery to development.You will assist project leaders in analysing cell based pharmacology experiments to optimize compound selection and explore therapeutic potential of drug candidates. Using techniques such as flow cytometry, Biacore, FPLC, Immunoassays, and cell based biological assays you will characterise novel therapeutics.
• BSc Hons in the Life Sciences
• Minimum honours in cancer cell biology/immunology
• Experience in cell culture and protein expression in mammalian cells
• Protein purification using FPLC systems
• Good communication and people skills
• Strong writing skills (report and lab book writing)
• Demonstrated ability to learn new techniques and technologies.
Highly Desirable experience in:
• Flow Cytometry
• Immunoassays (ELISA)
• Cell-based assays
• Protein engineering.
Interactive People, Biotechnology - Technical Specialist
A leading publicly listed biotechnology company currently has a newly created position available for a Technical Analyst in our Melbourne facility, close to the CBD. This is an excellent opportunity for a science graduate who has strong technical life sciences knowledge, outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to work well under pressure whilst proactively supporting a busy in-house team.
Responsibilities include assisting our in-house team by conducting company, financial, patent and publication searches, compiling complex reports and undertaking on line technical research for specific tasks. Assistance with patent portfolio maintenance will also be a feature of the role. This role has elements which will require working both autonomously and also within a team environment.