SLR, Graduate Engineer – Land and Water Team
SLR is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and government clients.
Due to the strong commitment SLR Asia Pacific has to growing within this region and discipline we have a wonderful opportunity for a Graduate Engineer to join our Land and Water Team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with senior staff on a range of projects with a strong civil and geotechnical focus, including mining infrastructure, waste management, water management and landform design across diverse industries. This role will be based in our Townsville office.
- A tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) with high quality academic results;
- Ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- Strong computer modelling skills;
- A willingness to learn and be mentored;
- Be willing and available to travel Nationally to work on projects if and when required
- Have initiative and be proactive;
- High level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- Highly organised and capable of adapting to work across a diverse range of projects;
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications; and Current unrestricted drivers licence.
VIC Department of Environment and Primary Industries, DEPI Science Graduate Program
The Graduate Program is a two-year training and development program open to recent graduates of science, natural resource management and related professions. During the program you'll undertake specific training and development activities alongside your normal project work. You will have the opportunity to work at two or more locations around Victoria.
The aim of this program is to provide you with broad exposure to policy, research and community engagement (where appropriate) in addition to gaining specialist skills and training, which will enable you to develop a supported career with us.
The Graduate Program is now in its 19th year. More than 210 graduates have participated in the program and the variety of projects they've worked on has significantly contributed to sustainable development within Victoria. Graduate positions change each year depending on organisational needs.
In the past, program participants have worked in a variety of industries including the dairy, biosecurity and agricultural research. Participants have also worked on a variety of projects, including:
- Community capacity building
- Biodiversity and land use planning
- Business, innovations and communications
- Fire management
- Landcare and community engagement pest plants and animals policy
- Regional compliance work.
These projects have all made a significant contribution to Victoria's reputation as the sustainable state.
SA WATER, Graduate Intake
As part of our commitment to sustainability, we actively support our people to realise and achieve their potential. There has never been a better time to consider becoming a part of SA Water as we meet new challenges and plan for a secure future for South Australia.
We offer a high profile, structured, two year graduate program, that allows participants the opportunity to undertake diverse project assignments, ranging from six to twelve months across SA Water.
We are seeking...
Innovative, confident and creative graduates, keen to pursue diverse and rewarding careers in the water industry. We are looking for graduates from a variety of disciplines that can adapt, initiate and implement projects of strategic significance and community importance. It is expected that our graduates will spend some time in our regional operations.
To meet our future business needs, we are seeking applications only in the following disciplines for our 2015 intake:
- Engineering: Civil | Structural |Chemical | Electrical | Mechanical
- Business: Finance | Commerce | Economics
- Environment: Environmental Management | Land Management
You will receive excellent advice, direct from industry leaders, while we fast track your knowledge and skills to prepare you for ongoing roles.