AF Engineering Services Pty Ltd, Graduate Electrical / Mechatronics Engineer
This proven established Melbourne based Rail Services Company provides specialist support to the rail industry throughout Australia. Due to expansion and increased growth and demand, an exciting opportunity exists for a Graduate Electrical / Mechatronics Engineer.
Reporting to the Team Leader / Design Manager you will be involved in assisting in the delivery of projects from concept stage to construction. As a Graduate Electrical / Mechatronics Engineer, your role will largely involve ensuring the technical excellence and integrity of our services, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Understanding railway signalling design elements;
- Understanding the need for engineering design to be in accordance with customer specifications as well as be cost effective, manufacturable, reliable, maintainable, and safe;
- Able to implement simple design change;
- Assisting in the preparation of engineering specifications, technical reports, operating and maintenance instructions, as well as with specification of any design validation and verification testing as necessary;
- Able to undertake simple CAD drafting (using MicroStation);
- Understanding and participating in test and commissioning and rail survey procedures;
- Ability to review designs/drawings to ensure they comply with relevant requirements and specifications;
- Participating in design reviews to understand design conformity;
- Preparing technical reports in accordance with contractual requirements; and
- Ability to adhere to processes, systems and procedures.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- Completion of an Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering Degree or similar qualification;
- Technical knowledge of the rail discipline advantageous;
- A professional approach with sound interpersonal and communication skills;
- The ability to liaise at all levels internally and externally are critical to the success of this position;
- Ability to work under pressure, specifically being able to prioritise, multi task & manage different priorities at any given time;
- Team player, cooperative with other team members with sharing of information and knowledge;
- Strong focus on quality and customer service;
- Willingness to participate in training and development;
- Enthusiasm; and
- Flexible working hours during peak delivery periods.
Our main focus is securing a committed and pro-active engineer for this challenging role.
Nifty-Lift, Graduate Mechatronics / Controls Engineer
Nifty-Lift designs and manufactures Elevating Work Platforms in Kilsyth. A fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Mechatronics / Controls Engineer has recently been created in our Engineering Department. This position is an important addition to our established engineering team.
You will work closely with senior engineers getting hands on experience in a combination of manufacturing operations, engineering, system design and selection of components. You will be supported with training and will be working within a team environment to maximize your learning, whilst contributing to the continuous technological improvements our brand is renowned for.
Some understanding of Mechanical Engineering will be well regarded.
Specific responsibilities include:
- CANbus system design and programming;
- PLC programming;
- Design and selection of system components
- Produce circuits and other manufacturing information
- Preparing and maintaining Bills of Materials
- Produce technical supporting documentation
- Developing upgrades and modifications to existing components and designs;
- Research and development
- Liaising with other staff, internal departments and customers;
- Aiding electrical department in commissioning new systems
- Service / Breakdown calls.
The successful applicant should have:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics)
- Experience/ Familiarity with Solidworks, Codesys and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of ‘Safety Categories’
- An interest in design
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team
- Proven ability to research.
You will also possess previous experience in originating design work; the ability to read and interpret drawings; and intermediate Microsoft word and Excel skills.
Kelly Services, Automation Technician / Service Engineer - Manufacturing Robotics
- Well known Industrial Automation Company
- Metropolitan Adelaide Customers
- Receive product training
An Automation Technician with B Class / Restricted Electrical Licence for a full time Service Engineer role. Product training provided for Manufacturing Robotics and CNC's.
About the company: A service supplier for automation and robotics for mechanical industrial applications. The employer is a leading brand of robotics and numerical control.
About the role: As a service engineer you will be required to firstly undergo product training, then you will develop into the leading service resource for industrial customers with their automation and CNC applications. Servicing S.A. you have access to a service vehicle and will go onsite to customers.
Skill and criteria: You will be conscientious, safety focused and have customer service as your priority throughout your work interactions. You will be able to demonstrate a systematic approach to problem solving and have a high level of technical aptitude. The following are a must:
- B Class / Restricted Electrical licence
- Tertiary qualification in an Electrical or Electronic discipline
- CNC and PLC Knowledge or Experience
- Fault finding Skills
- A current Drivers licence
Also highly desirable you may have experience with Numerical Controls, Automation, Robotics, Instrumentation or Electronics.
Austral Bricks, Engineering Graduate - Electrical or Mechatronics
BRICKWORKS LTD, Australia’s most progressive and innovative building products company, operates under well known brands such as Austral Bricks™, Austral Masonry™, Austral Precast™ and Bristile Roofing™.
The company can boast 101 years of business success, 1500 people across 32 locations, a successful export program, technical excellence, plant and product innovation and a highly successful Trainee Manager program to grow the managers and technical leaders of tomorrow.
The role is hands-on, diversified and would appeal to a broadly competent Engineering graduate keen to put theoretical knowledge to practical use. A key demand of the position would be to be responsible for the operation of 6 robots (Fanuc brand, Allen Bradley PLCs) and to contribute to the continuous technological improvements our brand is known for.
The successful candidate would become part of our highly successful management development program, through which we select high potential graduates to accelerate their careers and progression within the group. We are interested in recent graduates, near graduates, or people within the first few years of graduating with a good track record of success in studies who show potential for leadership, have initiative, sound communication skills, business orientation and advanced computing skills.