Reserve Bank of Australia, Laboratory Technician, Banknote Research
The Reserve Bank of Australia employs a small scientific research team at its Craigieburn premises located outside Melbourne to assist with the Bank's role of ensuring confidence in Australian Banknotes. As part of this team your key responsibilities will include:
- Analyse new and circulating banknotes
- Analyse banknote security features
- Research on threats to the security of Australian banknotes.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a scientific discipline
- Experience in Research and Development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound scientific analytical skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Well developed problem solving skills.
Candidates with a background in Chemistry, Forensic Science, Materials Science or Material/Chemical Engineering would be highly regarded.
Department of Immigration and Citizenship (now Immigration and Border Protection), Trainee Forensic Facial Image Comparison Specialist
Applications are sought from candidates interested in undertaking a traineeship to become a forensic facial image comparison specialist within the Facial Image Comparison Unit of the Department of Immigration & Citizenship (DIAC).
The traineeship consists of a combination of practical workplace experience and external studies conducted through the Canberra Institute of Technology. Applicants for these positions must be prepared to undertake formalised training in the Certificate IV in Biometric Technologies being offered by Canberra Institute of Technology and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
A forensic qualification from a University or Registered Training Organisation. Applicants may substitute a tertiary qualification with demonstrated workplace experience and skills in relation to a physical comparative field, in particular facial image comparison. In addition, applicants are required to satisfy selection criteria specific to the duties of the position.
Adelaide Brighton Ltd, Science Graduate Program
Adelaide Brighton Ltd is a leading integrated construction materials and lime producing company with origins dating back to 1882. Adelaide Brighton Ltd is currently looking for Science graduates in various disciplines to join our fast growing and successful company. The disciplines in which Adelaide Brighton Ltd are looking to offer graduate positions in are:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Applied Chemistry
- Earth Sciences.
- We are looking for graduates who possess the following qualities:
- Someone who believes in having a good balance between work and life
- Has a personal and developmental focus
- Good organisational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Self confidence
- Enjoys working within a team environment
- Has a Lateral and Strategic Thinking style and
Ability to problem solve.