Shine Lawyers, Graduate Solicitor – Social Justice and Human Rights Law
Shine Lawyers is a plaintiff litigation firm that strives to always stand up for the little guy. We are not afraid of daring to be different and we continually aim to be ahead of the pack. Our commitment to these values has led to our involvement in social justice and our long term partnership with environmental activist Erin Brockovich.
We are seeking a passionate individual, with common sense and a strong work ethic, who wants to help us to help others.
Attorney-General's Department (Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions), Prosecutor Pool
Duties: The incumbent is accountable to the Managing Prosecutor of the team to which they are assigned from time to time, for contributing to the processing of criminal legal matters through the South Australian Judicial system by preparing files for trial, and through involvement in the conduct of those trials.
Essential Minimum Qualifications: Eligible for admission to the Supreme Court of South Australia.
Legal Services Commission of South Australia, Duty Solicitor
Duties: The successful applicants will provide advice at a Duty Solicitor level both at Courts and prisons as well as representation in the Magistrates and Youth Courts and solicitor and counsel work in assigned criminal files of low complexity for guilty pleas in summary and minor indictable matters. Undertake legal research as directed.
Essential Minimum Qualifications: Be an admitted practitioner of the Supreme Court of South Australia or currently eligible for admission to practice in South Australia.
Clean Energy Regulator, Graduate Development Programme
The Clean Energy Regulator Graduate Development Programme provides you with the opportunity to develop well-rounded knowledge of the work of the agency, gain experience in the public sector and develop a deep understanding of Australia’s biggest policy developments. During the graduate year, you will have three work rotations, providing you with an opportunity to a build networks across the agency and help you find the area you are passionate about working in.
Eligibility - Qualifications in any of the following:
- Business and commerce
- Finance and accounting
- Information Technology
Our ideal candidates will:
- Be high achievers in their chosen field of study
- Be problem solvers with well-developed analytical abilities and be able to assimilate new information and skills quickly to work productively in a team environment
- Have the flexibility and ability to working in a changing work environment
- Interest in applying public policy
- Have highly developed written and oral skills
- Demonstrate initiative, respect, fairness and honesty
- Deliver with client focus.
Suncorp, Law Graduate
The Suncorp Group is one of Australia's leaders in banking, insurance, investment and superannuation and home to 26 well-known brands, which includes AAMI, Vero, GIO and Apia across Australia and New Zealand. As a law graduate at Suncorp we will help you build on your corporate law knowledge so you can provide high quality legal advice and expertise to support our business. Working with market-leading professionals this could mean anything from providing specific legal advice, making recommendations to improve processes and procedures, learning how to draft and present training and providing updates about new cases and legislation to the business. Throughout your rotations you will gain exposure to a number of our legal departments, gaining exposure across the business, ensuring an all round experience.
We are seeking self-motivated business-savvy law graduates looking to diversify their skill set by entering the corporate world. To be successful, you need to show initiative and the ability to work in a dynamic environment. You must be detail-focused, analytical and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. We are looking for team players who enjoy collaborating, problem solving and sharing ideas with their colleagues. We want to talk to graduates who have achieved academic success and who are contributors to their community.
Australian Government Solicitor, AGS National Graduate Program
Australian Government Solicitor (AGS) is unique. Regarded as the leading lawyers to government, we are a national, commercially competitive law firm operating as a government business. Our team of over 600 employees, located in eight offices around Australia, provide expert services in all areas of law connected with government.
Law graduates are invited to apply for the AGS National Graduate Program.
The AGS National Graduate Program is a 12 month training and development program which, upon successful completion, is expected to culminate with a placement as a practising lawyer within AGS. The program typically has the following components:
- An orientation program upon commencement
- Rotations through 1 or more of the 3 internal AGS practice areas of Dispute Resolution, Commercial and Office of General Counsel
- A client placement with a government department or agency
- An opportunity to pursue a pro bono placement
- Sponsorship towards an external program of practical legal training (PLT) necessary to complete the requirements for admission to legal practice
- In-house training on topics of substantive law and client service together with other AGS seminars and forums
- Peer support and mentoring, including a structured supervisor and buddy system together with wider mentoring support from our Lawyer Development Adviser.