Kangaroo Island Natural Resources Management Board, Coast & Marine Project Officer
Duties: The Coast and Marine Project Officer will be part of a small team of scientific and technical staff delivering marine and coastal natural resource management projects arising from Kangaroo Island's regional natural resource management plan. Tertiary qualifications in marine biology or natural resource management and a current SCUBA diving qualification are essential requirements.
GHD Pty Ltd, Graduate Marine Scientist
The South Queensland Operating Centre is currently seeking applications from Graduate Marine Scientists to join our Environment and Planning group. Suitable applicants will have recently gained tertiary qualifications in Marine Science or equivalent or be completing their final year of studies. The role will be based in Brisbane.
Our global team of marine scientists provide services including:
- Biological and habitat assessment and monitoring including; benthic and epi-benthic invertebrates, marine pests, corals, seagrasses, mangroves, fish, mammals, seabirds, turtles, macroinvertebrates, diatoms, wetlands and macrophytes
- Environmental impact and mitigation management
- Marine and coastal environmental approvals
- Water quality and sediment assessments and monitoring
- Catchment and waterway inventories, assessments and rehabilitation
- Wetland monitoring and rehabilitation including constructed wetlands
- Fisheries management
As a graduate at GHD you will be responsible for supporting experienced consultants in their daily duties and you will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound knowledge in statistical analysis and interpretation. You will be a self-driven individual who can work both autonomously and also thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Fantasea Adventure Cruising, Reef Guide / Marine Biologist
Fantasea Adventure Cruising is the leading marine tourism operator in the Whitsundays, conducting cruises daily to the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach and the resort islands. We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person with a marine biology background (studies and experience), to work with our busy In-Water Team, in conducting snorkel tours at our Reefworld Pontoon. Experience in customer service is essential, together with strong swimming skills and knowledge of the Great Barrier Reef and all its delights! The position will be based out of Airlie Beach.