SA Health, Medical Professionals
If you are looking to start your career or further your career in medicine then look no further than SA Health. You can combine a challenging and rewarding career in your chosen field with wonderful lifestyle opportunities.
- Become part of a first class health service
- Enjoy varied and interesting clinical work, excellent support from colleagues, superior working conditions and dedicated non-clinical time
- Work with on-site specialists in areas as diverse as emergency medicine, cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, anaesthetics, internal medicine, orthopaedics, burns, spinal and hyperbaric medicine
- Combine clinical work with teaching, research and special project work
- Have access to professorial colleagues in association with the University of Adelaide and Flinders University, where there is a strong academic focus and active research programs.
Helping clinicians to work together SA Health has developed a series of Statewide Clinical Networks to increase the level of clinicians’ involvement in the planning of health services, to find ways to better coordinate the delivery of those services, to ensure better health outcomes for all South Australians and to ensure a strong, sustainable health workforce. These networks will link doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, GPs and community representatives to better work together to assist in fully integrating service provision across hospital sites and GP Plus Health Care Services.
NSW Government, Health, Mid North Coast Local Health District, Resident Medical Officer - Nights
To provide efficient, safe health care at night to the patients of Coffs Harbour Health Campus, under the supervision of senior medical officers while developing expertise in medical practice, in a complex clinical environment.
The Coffs Harbour Health Campus is a modern 208 bed facility which provides a broad range of specialty health care services. These include emergency medicine, intensive care, coronary care, general medicine, general surgery and orthopaedics, obstetrics/gynaecology, paediatrics, stroke and rehabilitation, renal and mental health and a wide range of clinical support services and community based services. Recent additions to the facility include the Coronary Angiography Unit and the North Coast Cancer Institute (NCCI) which provides oncology services, radiotherapy and breast screening. Come and enjoy the rewards of working as part of a highly dedicated team committed to the provision of world class health services.
Queensland Health, Rural Doctors (Queensland)
Application to Queensland Health’s RMO and specialist training pathway now commencing!
All resident medical officers and registrars must apply for allocation to a position each year. From large, technologically advanced tertiary hospitals in metropolitan and regional cities, to health centres servicing rural and remote communities, Queensland Health offers skilled registrars and RMOs exposure to a range of career opportunities.
Western Health, Paediatric Registrar
The Women's and Children's Services Division at Sunshine Hospital is offering 2 (6 or 12 month placements) Paediatric Registrar positions in 2013 - commencing on the 4th February 2013.
These posts are accredited by the RACP for Advanced Training in General Paediatrics.
The positions will suit paediatric trainees wanting an opportunity to develop skills in general paediatrics in a supportive environment, with a focus on the development of independent practice. Job Sharing is possible if required.
Sunshine Hospital has over 4.500 births per year, a busy 15 cot Level 2 Special Care Nursery, a 25 bed Children's Ward (with a mixture of medical and surgical patients), approximately 25,000 Paediatric Emergency presentations per year and a large Paediatric Outpatient Unit.
Sunshine Hospital is expanding in the next year with the Acute Services Building currently under construction - which is due for completion in early 2013. The 4-level building will offer a range of services which will include a 26 cot special care nursery. This addition will increase the inpatient capacity which will result in the need for additional staff numbers of junior medical staff to be increased in the Paediatric Ward service. Therefore, the Registrar numbers for the unit are currently under review and confirmation of this should be released later in the year.
Notable features of the department and position include:
• Paediatric consultant support on-site 5 days per week
• Exposure to a wide range of clinic situations requiring independent decision making, with close consultant support
• Registrars will run their own weekly outpatient clinic, with both new community referrals and the opportunity to follow-up their own patients through the year. This clinic will run side by side with a consultant clinic to offer support and feedback
• There will be at least 8 paediatric registrar positions in total across Sunshine Hospital (Paediatric and Emergency Paediatric), so plenty of peer support
• Assistance / supervision of Junior Residents seconded from Royal Children's Hospital and from Western Hospital is an important part of the position
• Active teaching and research programs in place with expectation of contributions by the successful applicant(s)
• Wide variety of paediatric conditions, with the need to transfer and liaison with PETS, NETS and paediatric subspecialties frequently required