Department of Health (Country Health SA Local Health Network - Yorke and Mid North Health Services - Port Pirie Community Health), Dietitian
Duties: With clinical support from the Senior Dietitian, the Dietitian is accountable to the Team Leader for contribution to the delivery of a comprehensive and integrated range of health services, appropriate to the needs of the Port Pirie community. To achieve this, you will be working as a member of a multidisciplinary team, including health professionals and service providers from other sectors, and utilising a combination of preventative, early intervention, treatment and evaluation approaches to improve client health outcomes.
Essential Minimum Qualifications: Must hold a recognised qualification within the Dietetics profession, and be eligible for full membership of the Dietitians Association of Association (DAA). As a self-regulated profession, it is desirable to participate in the DAA Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) program.
CSIRO, Nutritionist / Dietician
- Assist in the delivery and management of projects
- Showcase your high level interpersonal and counselling skills
- Join our multidisciplinary team in Adelaide and really make a difference!
CSIRO Food and Nutritional Sciences is seeking a suitably qualified Nutritionist/Dietician to join their group in Adelaide for a 12 month period. The main focus of this role will be to assist in the management of relevant projects and provide nutrition and dietetic expertise where required in their execution.
Specifically you will:
- plan and implement dietary protocols as per study requirements;
- undertake dietetic counselling and interact with research volunteers;
- take responsibility for the documentation of diet methodology component of reports and manuscripts;
- provide diet data analysis and interpretation for reports and manuscripts as required by project leader;
- contribute to the preparation of scientific manuscripts and client reports;
- communicate study results to relevant audiences as agreed to by project managers.
To be considered you will hold a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (or equivalent qualification), and have:
- eligibility for membership of the Dieticians Association of Australia;
- practical knowledge of food composition and dietary intake methods in populations and clinical settings including use of Food works;
- excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to work * effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team;
- the ability to undertake nutritional data and basic statistical analyses;
- excellent interpersonal and dietetic counselling skills with diverse clients