The WorkReady Internship Program links organisations to Flinders University students - a great way to assist organisations with projects, ideas or initiatives, while enhancing and further developing the learning experience of our students.
Internships are work experience placements with the learning objective of providing real-life experience outside of the traditional classroom environment.
Creating a WorkReady placement is easy and enables you to bring talented and productive students into your workplace with ease and efficiency.
You have the opportunity to host our students through the WorkReady Internship Program. Students can undertake a variety of roles, directed by your organisational needs.
Project based placements have already, and continue to be offered, in a variety of industries, community and government organisations.
Placements can vary in the time they run, and can be part time or full time. As an example, past and current projects have run over a set and agreed period of time (in a block or spread over weeks or months!) It really depends on the type and purpose of the project.
Some of the benefits for host organisations include:
- Assistance with project, research or events
- Freedom to experiment with new project or positions without extensive investment and commitment
- Enthusiastic new team members with fresh ideas
- Freedom for your professional staff to undertake more advanced tasks
- Public relation opportunities to complement your organisation's goals in community involvement
For more information about marketing your organisation to Flinders students, please refer to Linking with Flinders (PDF 396KB)