To check for upcoming events held by the Careers and Employer Liaison Centre (CELC) and to confirm your attendance please visit / register via the Events Calendar.
CELC also regularly sources events, information sessions, student challenges and opportunities held on campus and externally, please find details below of those coming soon:
Careers Fairs - Our 2014 Careers Fairs are scheduled as follows
- Accounting, Commerce & Business Meet & Greet - Wednesday 5th March (6.15pm - 7.30pm)
- Arts Careers Fairs - Wednesday 5th March (6.15pm - 7.30pm), Monday 31st March (5.00pm - 7.00pm) & Tuesday 1st April (5.00pm - 7.00pm).
- Law Careers Fair - Monday 31st March (5.00pm - 7.00pm)
- Science, Information Technology & Engineering Careers Fair - Tuesday 1st April (5.00pm - 7.00pm)
- Teaching Careers Fair - Tuesday 15th April (12.30pm - 2.30pm)
- Nursing & Midwifery Careers Fair - Monday 28th July (4.00pm - 6.00pm)
- Health and Community Services Fair - Wednesday 17th September (4.30pm - 6.00pm)
- Visit Careers Fairs for more information including the organisations that attended in 2013 and the disciplines they recruit from.
- CPA Australia - Information session - Adelaide - 10 and 22 July 2014 (12.30 – 1.30 pm)
- National Student Volunteer Week - Volunteering Information Display: Explore and Get Involved!- On Campus event - Monday 4 to Sunday 10 August 2014
- In Conversation - Guest speaker program for Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences students - fortnightly program
- CPA Australia - Networking event for Graduating Accounting students - 5.30pm 23 July 2014 (Adelaide)
- Defence Force Recruiting - ADF Careers Expo - Saturday 26th July (9.00am - 4:30pm)
- G'day SA, Rotary International and Study Adelaide - Workshop for overseas students: Where and how to get the best part-time jobs - Saturday 26 July 2014 (1.00 – 4.00 pm)
- CPA Australia - CPA Career Ready Workshop 2014 - Adelaide - 30 July 2014 (5.30pm – 7.00 pm)
- YWCA of Adelaide SHE Leads Conference 2014 - Friday 22 August 2014
- 2014 Deloitte Development Program (Adelaide) - Thursday 25 September 2014 (applications close on Thursday 18 September 2014)
- GradConnection - GradConnection Calendar
CPA AUSTRALIA CAN TAKE YOU AROUND THE WORLD
Attend an information session and start preparing for a great career
When: 10 and 22 July 2014
Time: 12.30 – 1.30 pm
Where: 10/420 King William st, Adelaide 5000
Visit our website to register
Volunteering Information Display: Explore and Get Involved!
Located in the Central Library Foyer
Monday 4 to Sunday 10 August 2014
We will provide various resources on volunteering opportunities so ... explore the opportunities that are available, see the benefits that volunteering can provided and …get involved!
The display will be staffed between 12noon and 2pm each weekday so you also have the opportunity to have a chat with a Careers and Employer Liaison Centre staff member.
For further details view the event page, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 8201 2832.
‘In Conversation’ is an opportunity for students in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences to meet people working within your future professional field. Ask questions, gain advice, find out how they got to where they are and build your networks.
Held fortnightly in the Noel Stockdale Room, Central Library the first ‘In Conversation’ session is Tuesday 25th March, from 4:00pm to 5:00pm. Refreshments provided.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
- Tuesday 10th June meet Kate Rush, Community Action Leader and Kevin Rathjen, Coordinator Exceptional Needs Accomodation from Anglicare SA
- Tuesday 24th June meet Anita McDonald, Cultural Heritage Officer, City of Marion
- Tuesday 29th July meet Abbey Threadgold, Manager Marketing, Arts, Tourism and Engagement, Onkaparinga City
Congratulations Graduating Accounting students!
CPA Australia welcomes you to the Accounting Profession
Network with CPA’s from all industries and hear from members in senior finance roles speak about current industry trends relevant to you.
When: 23rd July 2014
Where: CPA Australia - Adelaide
10/420 King William st, Adelaide 5000
Time: 5.30 pm
Limited seats available! To register, contact Darien Canepa by 16 July 2014
ADF Careers Expo
9am - 4:30pm, Saturday 26th July
2014 Torrens Parade Ground, Victoria Drive
Australia’s Navy, Army and Air Force can give you experiences money can’t buy – a career that not only improves you personally, but means doing something worthwhile for your country. The ADF offers fully paid university degrees, graduate entry schemes, rewarding trade and technical careers as well as support and administration roles.
The ADF Careers Expo held at the Torrens Parade Ground on the 26th of July will feature key information on all avenues of entry to the Australian Defence Force.
The Expo will offer the following and much more:
- Impressive Defence Assets
- Detailed Information Sessions
- 14 Different Stalls including ADFA, Combat, Trades, Indigenous, Women in Defence and Defence University Sponsorship
Find out more about careers in;
- Business and Administration,
- Combat and Security,
- Communications, IT and Education,
- Health Care and Science,
- Logistics, Hospitality and Support,
- Officers and Management,
- Trades and Apprenticeships
Workshop for overseas students: Where and how to get the best part-time jobs
This workshop assists overseas students to find well paid part-time work in Adelaide. It is particularly useful for students who wish to build their skills and experience to give them a head start for their careers in Australia after graduation. Most international graduates do not find it an easy task to gain appropriately paid work in Australia.
This is a skills development course that focuses on the five key industry/vocation sectors where and how students can get part-time work the easiest, and where they will they can maximise their income through above average wages.
- The four key skills all Australian employers require and how to gain them.
- The five industry/vocation sectors where students have the best chance of getting quality and well paid work
- Detailed knowledge of the work place culture and your workplace rights so you are not taken advantage of by unscrupulous employers in pay or unsafe practices
- the revision of your resume to meet Australian best business practice
- unique letters of application and other strategies to ensure you gain an interview
- questions likely to be asked in job interviews and how to answer these to best effect
- How to use this part-time work experience to gain a career start position
WHEN: Saturday July 26 2014 1.00 – 4.00 pm (Workshop 20)
WHERE: Seminar room 1 State Library of SA North Terrace Adelaide
COST: $5.00 GST incl (includes full set of course notes and work exercises)
Register to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0401 124 387 noting workshop 20.
Payment options will be supplied on registration.
PRESENTER: Euan Miller MA Hons (Otago) GDM (NSW) MBA (Adel)
Euan is a director of g’day [sa], and past Governor of Rotary International, an educational and humanitarian service organisation made up of 1.2 M business and community leaders who donate their time and skills throughout 200 countries. Euan has had extensive training experience and has had a wide-ranging career in senior executive positions in both the public and private sectors. g’day [sa] is focused on the needs of international students. It helps you meet Australians, build networks and gain jobs through social activities, unique weekend trips with Rotary and job and leadership skills development.
This workshop is generously supported by Study Adelaide
Are you ready?
CPA Career Ready Workshop 2014
Need advice regarding your Résumé, Cover Letter, Interview or Networking tips?
Meet senior CPAs, receive real advice from accounting professionals and Get Ready for a successful career in Accounting*
Where: CPA Australia - 10/420 King William St, Adelaide 5000
When: 30 July 2014
Time: 5.30 – 7.00 pm
To register, contact Darien Canepa by 28 July
*This is a complementary event
YWCA of Adelaide's third annual SHE Leads Conference will be held on Friday 22 August 2014 at the National Wine Centre attracting more than 200 young women who see themselves as future leaders.
South Australia’s only young women’s leadership conference, SHE Leads is the beneficiary of generous corporate sponsorship from Flinders University, SA Power Networks, InBusiness Magazine and the National Wine Centre.
The Conference provides a safe space for young women to enrich their confidence, identify strengths and expand networks. In 2014 the explicit aims of the SHE Leads Conference are to:
- Inspire young women to develop their leadership potential, and
- Foster dialogue and debate around women and leadership.
To this end, the theme this year is: “What is Women’s Leadership?”.
Tickets are on sale now. Are you a young woman who would like to attend? If you are employed, will your employer support your participation? Are you an employer with some great female talent in your workforce? Why not choose the YWCA's SHE Leads Conference as one professional development opportunity for your staff.
$110 YWCA Members Tickets
$150 Early Bird Tickets (until 16 June)
$195 General Tickets (from 17 June) plus booking fees.
This is one of the most sought after events in Adelaide so be sure to book quickly.
For all SHE Leads Conference enquiries contact Caralyn on email@example.com
Are you a student with an interest in pursuing a career in Professional Services?
Our 2014 Deloitte Development Program is a one day interactive program offering you professional development, an insight into life at Deloitte and the opportunity to secure a summer vacation position.
The Deloitte Development Program will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Learn about Deloitte and our career opportunities
- Sharpen your business etiquette and networking skills
- Receive coaching on applications and interview skills
- Network with people from our business.
To be eligible to apply for the Deloitte Development Program you must meet the below criteria:
- Have two years of your degree remaining;
- Are studying one or more of the following degrees: Accounting, Business, Commerce, Finance, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Networking, Programming, Information Systems, Information Technology or Law;
- Are an Australian Citizen or, Permanent Resident of Australia or, an International Student who meets our requirements (click here for international student requirements).
The Deloitte Development Program will be held in our Fullarton Road office on Thursday 25 September 2014. Please only apply if you are able to attend on this day.
Applications will close at midnight on Thursday 18 September 2014, unless positions are filled sooner.
Please note as we are working towards a close date you may not receive a response on your application until after this close date.
Apply online at our website
Graduate Program opening and closing dates for applications for 2014 graduate programs.
Don’t miss out on your future graduate role.
Keep up to date with the opening and closing dates for a variety of graduate programs by visiting and bookmarking the GradConnection Student Employment Calendar at https://au.gradconnection.com/calendar/