To check for upcoming events held by the Careers and Employer Liaison Centre (CELC) and to confirm your attendance please visit / register via the Events Calendar.
CELC also regularly sources events, information sessions, student challenges and opportunities held on campus and externally, please find details below of those coming soon:
Careers Fairs - Our 2014 Careers Fairs are scheduled as follows
- Accounting, Commerce & Business Meet & Greet - Wednesday 5th March (6.15pm - 7.30pm)
- Arts Careers Fairs - Wednesday 5th March (6.15pm - 7.30pm), Monday 31st March (5.00pm - 7.00pm) & Tuesday 1st April (5.00pm - 7.00pm).
- Law Careers Fair - Monday 31st March (5.00pm - 7.00pm)
- Science, Information Technology & Engineering Careers Fair - Tuesday 1st April (5.00pm - 7.00pm)
- Teaching Careers Fair - Monday 14th April (12.30pm - 2.30pm)
- Nursing & Midwifery Careers Fair - Monday 28th July (4.00pm - 6.00pm)
- Health and Community Services Fair - Wednesday 17th September (4.30pm - 6.00pm)
- Visit Careers Fairs for more information including the organisations that attended in 2013 and the disciplines they recruit from.
- Austraining International - Adelaide Information Session - Tuesday 11 February, 2014 - 6.30pm - 8.00pm
- Annual Leadership Program - Monday 9th & Tuesday 10th December 2013
- Mynavi Corporation Global Career Expo 2013 Winter (Tokyo) - Mon 23rd to Tue 24th December 2013
- Accenture Adventure 2014 - A full day event that will be held in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Canberra and Brisbane in February 2014
Overseas opportunities with AYAD, Africa, Asia and the Pacific
Adelaide Information Session - Tuesday 11 February, 2014 - 6.30 - 8.00pm
If you've considered volunteering overseas, come along to an information session to learn about the Australian Youth Ambassadors for Development (AYAD) program, which is an Australian aid initiative.
Information Sessions are an excellent opportunity to learn more about the Australian Youth Ambassadors for Development Program. Panellists of returned volunteers and Austraining staff will be sharing their experiences and stories, as well as advice about applying and what to expect if successful.
AYAD roles (or 'assignments') are available in a variety of sectors including law, marketing, education, IT, agriculture, human rights, engineering, health, finance, development, environment, media, arts and sports.
The program provides -
* Paid volunteer work through living allowances
* Training before, during and after your volunteer assignment
* Vaccinations o Medical and emergency support whilst in-country
* Comprehensive insurance (travel, medical, security)
* In-country support whilst on assignment
* Flights o Visa costs
Here's what past attendees have said about the sessions:
"Fantastic. Comprehensive without being overwhelming. Great presenters. Enjoyed listening to the personal stories."
"Enjoyed the returned volunteers' talks and the opportunity to speak to them personally."
"Loved the panellist session - very honest answers. Hearing the top two challenges, words of wisdom, lessons learnt from the volunteers was great."
The Australian Youth Ambassadors for Development Program, part of Australian Volunteers for International Development, is fully funded by the Australian Government and managed by Austraining International.
Register to attend the Adelaide Info Session.
Tuesday 11 February, 2014
6.30 - 8.00pm
State Library of South Australia, Corner of North Tce and Kintore Ave, Adelaide
Applicants must be Australian Citizens or have their Permanent Residency (includes NZ citizens)
Intensive leadership & skill development program for Flinders University students.
This FREE intensive two-day program aims to prepare, develop & broaden students’ leadership skills and understanding.
Training is provided by professionals in their fields, and is also a great addition to your CV!
Registrations fill quickly. To secure your spot, register your details now!
Mynavi Corporation will hold one of our regular job events, “MYNAVI GLOBAL CAREER EXPO 2013 TOKYO WINTER” for people who are interested in a job on the world stage or developing a career making use of experience studying abroad. This is one of the largest job events in Japan. We have now started taking your registrations and look forward to meeting you at the event.
MYNAVI GLOBAL CAREER EXPO 2013 TOKYO WINTER
Monday 23 (public holiday) and Tuesday 24 December 2013, 11:00-18:00 at belle salle SHIODOME
For further information, please go to our website.
3 STEPS TO ATTEND THIS CAREER EVENT
STEP 1 :
You need to register both for your membership and attendance to the event through our website “Mynavi Global Career” (Both are free of charge).
Register now on our website.
Prior to the event day, do an “ENTRY” process with companies in which you are interested on our website. This enables you to obtain information about interview procedures and/or documents to submit on the event day.
STEP 3 : EVENT DAY
Bring your resumes with you to the event.
We recommend you to bring some extra copies as some companies will do the selection process at the event day. If you are interested in foreign companies, we recommend you to bring your resumes in English as well.
Should you have any questions regarding this matter, please use this form.
Launch your career
Accenture makes things work better. Systems, projects, even governments. Accenture Adventure is your chance to launch your career and secure your graduate position in 2015.
Held in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Canberra and Brisbane, Accenture Adventure is a dynamic experience where you will meet high-achieving people and have the ability to showcase your innovative thinking, can-do attitude, team spirit and leadership skills.
What is Accenture Adventure?
Accenture Adventure will assess your ability to work within teams together with Accenture Managers and Senior Managers to overcome real business challenges. The day is concluded with an interview with Accenture Leadership for which successful participants will be offered a role within Accenture’s 2015 Graduate Program.
Accenture Adventure 2014 will allow you to:
- Participate in one of the most sought-after graduate programs in the country.
- Receive first-hand coaching and mentoring from Accenture senior leadership.
- Get an insight into technology or management consulting.
- Meet and network with the highest performers in the country.
Accenture Adventure 2014 is a full day event and will be held in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Canberra and Brisbane in February 2014.
To qualify for Accenture Adventure, students must be:
- In their penultimate-year at an Australian university with a GPA of 70 or above
- An Australian/New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
*Before applying online, be sure to have a soft copy of your CV and academic transcript.
Create your future: Apply now for Accenture Adventure 2014 via our website.
Applications close on Friday 11th October, 2013