To check for upcoming events held by the Careers and Employer Liaison Centre (CELC) and to confirm your attendance please visit / register via the Events Calendar.
CELC also regularly sources events, information sessions, student challenges and opportunities held on campus and externally, please find details below of those coming soon:
Careers Fairs - Our 2014 Careers Fairs are scheduled as follows
- Accounting, Commerce & Business Meet & Greet - Wednesday 5th March (6.15pm - 7.30pm)
- Arts Careers Fairs - Wednesday 5th March (6.15pm - 7.30pm), Monday 31st March (5.00pm - 7.00pm) & Tuesday 1st April (5.00pm - 7.00pm).
- Law Careers Fair - Monday 31st March (5.00pm - 7.00pm)
- Science, Information Technology & Engineering Careers Fair - Tuesday 1st April (5.00pm - 7.00pm)
- Teaching Careers Fair - Tuesday 15th April (12.30pm - 2.30pm)
- Nursing & Midwifery Careers Fair - Monday 28th July (4.00pm - 6.00pm)
- Health and Community Services Fair - Wednesday 17th September (4.30pm - 6.00pm)
- Visit Careers Fairs for more information including the organisations that attended in 2013 and the disciplines they recruit from.
- The Online Resume for Graduate Applications Session - Flinders University Campus - Wednesday 12th March 2014 (3.00pm - 3.50pm)
- The Australia Institute’s National Youth Writing Competition - Applications close Friday 28th March 2014
- CPA Australia - Career Expo- Adelaide - Friday 7 March - 2.30 pm – 5.30 pm
- Department for Education and Child Development - DECD connectED Induction Expo - National Wine Centre, Adelaide - Monday 14 April 2014 (9:30am - 3:30pm)
To assist you with preparing for submitting online applications register to attend our following session:
The Online Resume for Graduate Applications
Wednesday 12th March 2014
Health Sciences 1.09
3:00pm - 3:50pm
Learn how to: - represent your brand, - optimise your resume, - showcase your experiences and skills, and - consider your keywords
You will also be able to see examples of dynamic descriptions of duties, tasks and responsibilities and gain insights into process, instructions and tips.
Please register by email with your
- Student ID
- Year level
Are you a student or young person aged 17-25...?
- Eager to have your writing go to all Federal MPs, Senators and TAI members?
- Interested in winning $500?
- Looking for an opportunity to see your work published?
- Looking to make your portfolio stand out from the rest?
- Wanting to make your contribution to "research that matters"?
Then we've got the competition for you!
The Australia Institute’s National Youth Writing Competition
Topic: What does the term equity mean to you as a young Australian? How could government policy change to create a more equitable Australia?
3 Easy Steps to get you on your way:
- Check out the terms and conditions online
- Write a 1000 word opinion article addressing the topic above.
- Submit your application before 5pm EST on Friday 28 March 2014 using the online form and you’re in with a shot.
The winner will be awarded a prize of $500 and will be published in the June TAI newsletter which goes to all Federal MPs, Senators and TAI members.
About the Australia Institute
The Australia Institute is the country's most influential progressive think tank. We engage communities and individuals all across the country in research on a broad range of economic, social and environmental issues.
Our research informs public debate to bring greater accountability to the democratic process and TAI has a reputation for making complex issues easy to understand.
Career Expo is the essential event for students and graduates seeking a career in the accounting and finance industry.
Get your career advantage and connect with industry experts and premium employers. Previous employer participants have included Australian Federal Police, ANZ, GE, KPMG, Deloitte, Shell, PwC, Telstra, Kraft Foods, IBM, Hewlett Packard, Optus and QANTAS just to name a few.
This is one of the most important career events of the year it’s never too early to register your interest.
Don't miss your opportunity to:
- meet with top employers for graduate opportunities
- increase your chances of being successfully recruited
- network with your peers over complimentary canapés
- seek career advice and participate in career development sessions
- learn how the CPA designation can improve your career prospects
Friday 7 March
2.30 pm – 5.30 pm
Adelaide Convention Centre
Click here to view a copy of the the delegate terms and conditions and to register.
DECD connectED Induction Expo
Want to work for DECD (the Department for Education and Child Development)?
Attention pre-service and graduate: teachers, allied health workers, public administration and those who want to work with children and families at DECD…
Don't miss the DECD connectED Induction Expo. You can register now to attend.
Monday, 14 April 2014 (9:30am - 3:30pm)
National Wine Centre, Adelaide
Advantages of attending the DECD connectED Induction Expo:
- Meet our executives.
- Visit expo booths & attend engaging workshops.
- Network with DECD staff and external partners.
- Learn about DECD: our strategic directions, recruitment processes & career opportunities.