To check for upcoming events held by the Careers and Employer Liaison Centre (CELC) and to confirm your attendance please visit / register via the Events Calendar.
CELC also regularly sources events, information sessions, student challenges and opportunities held on campus and externally, please find details below of those coming soon:
Careers Fairs - Our 2014 Careers Fairs are scheduled as follows
- Accounting, Commerce & Business Meet & Greet - Wednesday 5th March (6.15pm - 7.30pm)
- Arts Careers Fairs - Wednesday 5th March (6.15pm - 7.30pm), Monday 31st March (5.00pm - 7.00pm) & Tuesday 1st April (5.00pm - 7.00pm).
- Law Careers Fair - Monday 31st March (5.00pm - 7.00pm)
- Science, Information Technology & Engineering Careers Fair - Tuesday 1st April (5.00pm - 7.00pm)
- Teaching Careers Fair - Tuesday 15th April (12.30pm - 2.30pm)
- Nursing & Midwifery Careers Fair - Monday 28th July (4.00pm - 6.00pm)
- Health and Community Services Fair - Wednesday 17th September (4.30pm - 6.00pm)
- Visit Careers Fairs for more information including the organisations that attended in 2013 and the disciplines they recruit from.
There are currently no upcoming information sessions.
- Health Sciences & Allied Health Career Ready Forum - Wednesday 7th May 2014
- In Conversation - Guest speaker program for Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences students - fortnightly program begins Tuesday 25th March 2014
- Flinders University Student Association (FUSA) - Clubs and Societies Training Day - Wednesday 23 April 2014
- The Interview Games: Catching Fire - On campus - Tuesday 13th May 2014 (4.30pm - 5.30pm)
- YWCA of Adelaide SHE Leads Conference 2014 - Friday 22 August 2014
- GradConnection - GradConnection Calendar
Great Jobs Don’t Just Happen – Hear from people who got one.
Are you in your 2nd to last or final year of one of the following disciplines?
• Health Sciences
• Allied Health including -
- Human Nutrition
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
Come to our Career Ready Forum and hear how you can make it happen too.
When: Wed 7th May 2014
Where: Health Sciences Lecture Theatre Complex - Flinders University
Time: 5.30pm for registration – Forum from 6.00pm – 8.00pm
**Drinks and nibbles provided.
Get the inside info from recent graduates who are working in their chosen fields and professionals who recruit graduates from your disciplines of study.
Through conversation based ‘Q & A’ sessions our panellists will offer you their advice, experience and knowledge covering topics including:
- How to effectively prepare for your career as a graduate while completing your studies
- Hints and tips when applying for graduate / undergraduate employment opportunities
- Effective interview techniques
- How to network professionally
- Useful information from graduates about their journeys since graduating
Our forum will also provide you with the opportunity to network with our panel members.
To find out more about the forum, our panellists, the preparation session and to register to attend download a copy of the Career Ready Forum Program .
There is going to be Clubs and Societies Training Day on the 23rd of April from 9am-3pm in North 2.
There is $100 grant available for attending the training day.
The training day will include:
- An introduction to FUSA
- Running a club
- Hosting meetings
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Dealing with harassment, discrimination and bullying
- Effective use of media
- Using the FUSA website
- Any other business and questions
A free lunch will be provided. Please email me if you are attending and have any dietary requirements.
‘In Conversation’ is an opportunity for students in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences to meet people working within your future professional field. Ask questions, gain advice, find out how they got to where they are and build your networks.
Held fortnightly in the Noel Stockdale Room, Central Library the first ‘In Conversation’ session is Tuesday 25th March, from 4:00pm to 5:00pm. Refreshments provided.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
- Tuesday 25th March meet Ella Macintyre, Producer of Marketing and Distribution at Epic Films and Marketing and PR Coordinator at Mighty Kingdom. Ella is a Flinders graduate, completing her Honours in Creative Arts in 2011.
- Tuesday 29th April meet Michael Bollen, Publisher Wakefield Press. Wakefield Press is an independent book publishing company based in Adelaide and regularly wins literary, design and production awards.
- Tuesday 13th May meet Winnie Wong and Jill Bolzon from Organisational Development at the Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology to discuss graduate programs.
- Tuesday 27th May meet Lorraine Douglas, Special Project Coordinator and Volunteer Program Coordinator at the Adelaide Festival Centre.
YWCA of Adelaide's third annual SHE Leads Conference will be held on Friday 22 August 2014 at the National Wine Centre attracting more than 200 young women who see themselves as future leaders.
South Australia’s only young women’s leadership conference, SHE Leads is the beneficiary of generous corporate sponsorship from Flinders University, SA Power Networks, InBusiness Magazine and the National Wine Centre.
The Conference provides a safe space for young women to enrich their confidence, identify strengths and expand networks. In 2014 the explicit aims of the SHE Leads Conference are to:
- Inspire young women to develop their leadership potential, and
- Foster dialogue and debate around women and leadership.
To this end, the theme this year is: “What is Women’s Leadership?”.
Tickets are on sale now. Are you a young woman who would like to attend? If you are employed, will your employer support your participation? Are you an employer with some great female talent in your workforce? Why not choose the YWCA's SHE Leads Conference as one professional development opportunity for your staff.
$110 YWCA Members Tickets
$150 Early Bird Tickets (until 16 June)
$195 General Tickets (from 17 June) plus booking fees.
This is one of the most sought after events in Adelaide so be sure to book quickly.
For all SHE Leads Conference enquiries contact Caralyn on firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Program opening and closing dates for applications for 2014 graduate programs.
Don’t miss out on your future graduate role.
Keep up to date with the opening and closing dates for a variety of graduate programs by visiting and bookmarking the GradConnection Student Employment Calendar at https://au.gradconnection.com/calendar/
Corporate Readiness - Taking your job search to a new dimension!
Curtis Walter, an internationally renowned lecturer and CEO of Stature LLC, a Washington, DC-based search firm presents The Interview Games: Catching Fire! The goal of Mr. Walter’s workshop is for each participant to understand job interview technique to the degree that ensures interview success.
When: Tuesday, 13th May 2014, 4.30pm sharp - 5.30pm
Where: Social Sciences North - NTH3, Flinders University
Click here for further details.