Each year the Careers and Employer Liaison Centre (CELC) runs Recruitment/Careers Fairs for current students and recent graduates of Flinders University. Careers Fairs are conducted on campus in either the Union Building, other central university locations and at the Sturt Precinct locations for the Nursing and Midwifery Careers Fair. Fairs are an opportunity for final and penultimate year students to meet with representatives of participating organisations in an informal environment.
First year students are also encouraged to attend our Fairs to assist with planning for their future career.
Careers Fairs provide you with information about the opportunities in various fields and the opportunity to discuss requirements, applications, opportunities for work experience, vacation and graduate careers directly with prospective employers.
There are no further Careers Fairs scheduled in 2014.
The dates and times for our 2015 Careers Fairs are as follows. To find out who's attending and what disciplines they recruit from click on the name of each event.
- Accounting, Commerce & Business Meet & Greet - our 2015 event will be held in early March at a date and time to be confirmed. Once finalised the details will be updated on this page.
- Law Careers Fair - Monday 16th March (5.00pm - 7.00pm)
- Science, Information Technology & Engineering Careers Fair - Thursday 19th March (5.00pm - 7.00pm)
- Teaching Careers Fair - Tuesday 14th April (12:30pm - 2.00pm)
- Nursing & Midwifery Careers Fair - Monday 27th July (4.00pm - 6.00pm)
- Health and Community Services Fair - Wednesday 16th September (4.30pm - 6.00pm)
Due to the broad range of majors offered in our arts stream, students studying an arts degree are welcome to attend any of our fairs each year. Many of the employers attending our fairs, including government departments, recurit students from a wide range of disciplines and we encourage you to have a look at the organisations attending each fair and the disciplines they recruit from.
Preparing for the Fair
Take a look at our
Attending_Careers_Fairs_Guide_2015 (PDF 2MB) to help you to prepare and get the most out of our fairs and events.
Watch this video for tips from Career Fair Recruiters, courtesy of Rochester Institute of Technology
Online Careers Guides
We are aware that not all students are able to attend our Careers Fairs.
To try to ensure that students are given the opportunity of seeing which organisations are currently employing graduates, we provide Online Careers Guides including: