The WorkReady Internship Program aims to enhance your skills and experience at University by providing unpaid work placements to assist you to develop the skills desired by graduate employers. WorkReady prepares you for the workplace by complementing your degree with practical experience - adding an edge to your resume. The program provides you with choices - you can apply for an exisiting WorkReady vacancy, or source your own.
To be involved in the WorkReady Internship Program, you must be an enrolled student at Flinders University. Students who participate in the WorkReady Program can be insured for Public Liability, Personal Injury and Professional Indemnity through Flinders University (conditions apply) at no cost.
To get involved in the WorkReady Program, simply:
- Fill in the online registration form
- View currently advertised WorkReady vacancies and note the reference numbers (e.g. WRVAC111) for positions of interest
- View currently listed volunteering opportunities
- Attend a WorkReady Drop In where you can meet with a WorkReady Project
Officer to discuss your involvement in the program and:
- Find out more about the WorkReady vacancies that interest you (please bring the reference numbers for positions of interest)
- Gain advice on suitable placement opportunities
- Receive assistance in finding work experience, and sourcing your own placement
- Get ready for your placement.
If you have sourced your own placement please download, read and complete the WorkReady Student Arranged Placement Form prior to attending a Drop In.
Prior to undertaking a placement all students must read the WorkReady Preparation Program (PDF 126KB) .
If you have any further queries please contact the WorkReady Liaison Officer on Tel: (08) 8201 2832 or by email.
Our WorkReady Drop In Sessions are held in the new Flinders Connect space on Level 0 of the Central Library on the Bedford Park campus.
Drop In sessions usually run at the following times but are subject to change depending on staff availability, so contact our office first if you are making a special journey. Tel: (08) 8201 2832 or by email.
Monday - 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Thursday - 10.00am - 12.00pm
No sessions are available on public holidays.
Please remember to register with WorkReady prior to attending a Drop In.