Career Leaders Program
Our Career Leaders program gives you the opportunity to develop your skills, make connections and put leadership into practice by assisting us to promote our programs, services and events.
As a Career Leader you can:
- Develop your communication and leadership skills
- Gain confidence in public speaking
- Further your own career development with individual support from Careers Centre staff
- Network and liaise with employers and industry professionals
- Build your team skills
- Meet new people and form new friendships
- Contribute to your university community
- Enhance your resume and employability
About the program
The Career Leaders program runs annually, starting with Orientation week in February.
All Career Leaders will complete at least 15 hours of volunteer activities throughout the program (including required training).
Career Leader activities include:
Orientation week - Spread the word about the Careers Centre and our array of services and programs available to new and continuing students. Talk to students, market our services and hand out promotional materials .
Events – Assist at events such as our annual Career Expos and other industry engagement opportunities. Activities may include helping with event set up, photography, talking to students, and greeting and providing assistance to employer representatives.
Outreach – Take our message to the masses. This is your chance to gain experience in and practise public speaking. Promote our services and events by delivering a short presentation to students during lectures.
Marketing – Bring your creativity to help market Careers events and programs to students using a variety of media.
The Career Leaders Program is open to all enrolled Flinders University students. If you are based in a regional location contact us to discuss Career Leader opportunities at your campus.
Benefits to you
Our Career Leaders receive:
- Comprehensive training and support from Careers staff
- Professional skills development
- Take home t-shirt
- Priority access to Career Centre Programs
- Points towards your Horizon Award
Key dates for the Program
Express your interest in being a Career Leader and receive notification when the next round of applications open.
For more information regarding this program (and any of our programs) contact the Careers and Employer Liaison Centre
Phone: 8201 2832 or email us