The Careers and Employer Liaison Centre provides services, programs and events to assist all students prepare for and transition into employment. If you have difficulty accessing any of our services or events please let us know - call 8201 2832 or email us.
In addition to the general careers services and support available to you as a student, this page provides careers information and resources specific to students and graduates with disability.
Graduate Careers Australia has published a comprehensive booklet on 'Careers for Graduates with Disability'. This booklet can be collected from our office or downloaded from Graduate Careers Australia .
Careers for Graduates with Disability addresses issues related to:
- Disclosing disability
- Negotiating work place adjustments and flexible work practices with an employer
- Anti-discrimination legislation covering disability employment
- Self Assessment, Job Search, Work Experience and Volunteering
- Managing Your Disability in the Workplace
- Where to Find Help
Numerous Graduate Profiles in the booklet illustrate personal stories.
The following resources provide comprehensive information on the options and pathways for disclosing your disability.
- Choosing Your Path. Disclosure: It's A Personal Decision – Online resource providing options and pathways that people with disabilities can use in disclosing their disability in post secondary education and employment environments
- Disclosure – Rights, Responsibilities & Planning – PowerPoint by Jen Cousins, National Disability Coordination Officer – Region 23, presented at the 2014 Pathways Beyond Uni forum
- My disclosure plan – Create your own plan for disclosing your disability
Expand your network and connect with employers and professionals while you're still studying. The connections you make could help you secure a job.
- Get work experience
- Connect with a professional mentor
Join a Professional Association
Human Rights and Equal Opportunity
- Australian Human Rights Commission
- Australian Human Rights Commission (Employment Section)
- Equal Opportunity Commission (South Australia)
- Education to Employment Package - Find here facts, tips and advice to support a successful move from tertiary education to graduate employment
- JobAccess - Provides advice on every stage of the employment process - preparing to look for work, how to look for jobs and, if you need it, support in the workplace once you’ve found a job
- Disability Employment Services (DES) – Assistance for job seekers with disability, injury or health condition to prepare for, find and keep a job
- Disability Employment Australia - Disability Employment Australia is the peak industry body for Australia's Disability Employment Services (DES)
- CRS Australia - Provider of disability employment and assessment services to people with a disability, injury or health condition
- Department of Human Services – People with disability
- National Disability Coordination Officer Program (NDCO) - funds a national network consisting of 31 coordination officers. These officers offer information, coordination and referral services for people with a disability who are interested in, or enrolled in, post-school education and training. This website includes a range of resources on disability and employment services and includes news and updates
- Disability Information and Resource Centre, SA (DIRC)
- Great with Disability - A UK website with advice and resources for students looking for work
- UseMyAbility - a UK site which offers practical advice and guidance in relation to the development of students' employability skills