Flinders Learning Online (FLO login)
CEdICT provides, administers and supports the Flinders Learning Online application, the University’s core learning and teaching application.
The service includes:
- providing a secure and reliable FLO system
- providing FLO Live - a virtual classroom system which allows voice, text and video communication over the internet
- performing upgrades as necessary to fix bugs and to improve functionality
- providing training to staff on how to use FLO and FLO Live
- supporting the Faculty/School FLO support teams
- supporting the FLO Student Help Desk
- maintaining the integration between FLO and other systems (such as Student Two and the Lecture Recording system)
- providing and administering a text matching tool (Turnitin)
FLO is provided 24/7. Occasional periods of unavailability are required to perform upgrades; these are negotiated with support staff and advertised to users.
FLO - All staff and students at Flinders University are able to use FLO.
FLO Live - All staff are able to initiate FLO Live sessions, and invite students and members of the public to attend.
Text matching - If staff would like to make text matching available to their students they must first attend a workshop.
There is no charge for this service.
FLO - All Flinders persons with a FAN can log into FLO. Each topic has a FLO site automatically created. Staff may request other sites (eg for courses, collaborative projects, committees) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
FLO Live - For research and collaboration meetings, all staff can login to FLO Live with their FAN and password. Staff may request a FLO Live link to be added to their topic within FLO by emailing email@example.com
Text matching - register for a workshop
Use of text matching – see Academic Integrity website
Quality use of FLO – see eLearning Design service
for advice on how to embed FLO Live into your teaching, contact the eLearning Design service
Training for staff - see Educational ICT workshops