At Flinders University technology is used to enhance teaching and learning, and to support the business of the University as an educational provider. Technologies should be reliable, safe to use, accessible and user-friendly. Communications technologies, learning platform technologies and applications for interactivity and content management combine to provide a learning and teaching environment that is up-to-date, and always reaching forward with innovations and fresh thinking. Technology use is supported at Flinders through staff and student services that include orientation, training and just-in-time support.
The Centre for Innovation in Learning & Teaching (CILT) provides the following services.
- Flinders Learning Online (FLO)
- eLearning Design Service (eLDS)
- Faculty eLearning Service
- Computer applications training and support
University guidelines and principles supporting the use of technologies for education include:
- WebPET (web presence in every topic)
- Electronic assignments (eAssignments)
- Netiquette (discussion forums and social media)
- Intellectual Property, copyright and accessibility