This page holds documents and procedures related to work integrated learning. These documents and procedures have been developed and finalised following consultation. They are not to be amended.
The framework for operationalising WIL at Flinders University is provided in the following documents.
WIL Placement Agreements
Agreements consist of three documents, approved by the University's Legal Services.
- Placement letter witih Terms and Conditions;
- Placement Schedule;
- and a Deed Poll.
A number of placement letters with terms and conditions appropriate for variations in WIL placement experiences have been developed. From the documents provided below determine which is appropriate for your needs. These documents are not to be amended. If you have concerns please discuss these with your College WIL Coordinator.
Consult with your College WIL Coordinator before initiating a WIL Placement Agreement.
It is possible, although undesirable, for a Placement Organisation to have more than one Agreement with the University. Wherever possible the standard Placement Letter with Terms and Conditions should be used. Specific details such as supervision qualifications and provisions may be incorporated under Section 12 Special Conditions within Appendix 2 Placement Schedule.
It is also possible for more than one Appendix 2 Placement Schedule to be attached to an Agreement with a Placement Organisation. Importantly Appendix 2 Placement Schedule needs to be appended to the appropriate agreement. For example: the University has an ongoing relationship with Placement Organisation XY. Students from a number of disciplines are placed with Organisation XY throughout the year. In this situation there may be a number of Placement Schedules with Organisation XY to ensure the discipline needs of each student cohort are adequately covered.
National Placement Letter with Terms and Conditions
* Students undertaking paid placements in their current place of employment must be undertaking tasks that are different to the tasks for which they are currently employed; and these different tasks must be outlined in associated documents (i.e., work plan, placement proposal, email, employment contract, etc.)
National Placement Schedules
National Deed Polls
Important Information: International Placements
Establishing international WIL placements requires months of careful planning and consultation. The International Centre's Learn Without Borders Team suggests at least seven months is required. Please consult with your College's WIL Coordinator to discuss your ideas.
International Placement Letter with Terms and Conditions
International Placement Schedules
International Deed Polls
Do you have a Placement Letter with Terms and Conditions; a Placement Schedule; or a Deed Poll different to those available above? If so, please forward a copy of these documents to the Manager, Work Integrated Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitness for Placement
Fitness for placement requirements are determined by host organisations in consultation with University staff. These requirements must be:
- listed under Item 12 Special Conditions in Appendix 2 Placement Schedule.
- applicable to all students involved in placements with the Placement Organisation and named in Appendix 2.
- related to the requirements of the duties or functions to be carried out in the placement.
- consistent with University policy and Commonwealth and State Government legislation relating to equal opportunity and discrimination.
Important Information: Providing students with Fitness for Placement Forms
The benefit of having forms, such as those provided below, in a central place is that they are able to be updated as the need arises. This ensures that the version is accurate at the time of viewing. For this reason, when providing students with access to the form(s), it is important that you follow the steps outlined below .
- Open the form that is required.
- The form will open in a new window. The URL on this new window is unique and does not require a FAN or password to access.
- Copy the URL from the form's window address bar.
- Use this URL in communication. It is suggested that you establish a hyperlink from your document, FLO site, web site, etc. to the required form/s.
Fitness for Placement Forms
Fitness for Placement Procedures