Flinders University is committed to developing creative, enterprising, career-ready graduates prepared to become lifelong contributors to society. Offering our students Work integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities enhances their graduate employability and capacity to meet the requirements of tomorrow’s workforce.
By hosting a placement student, taking on a workplace project, or working with us in delivering an on-campus, simulated workplace activity, you can contribute in developing enterprising graduates equipped with the skills required for success in the knowledge economy.
Working in partnership with our students and Flinders University also offers significant benefits to you including:
- Talent identification and helping you find the best recruits
- Having a dedicated resource to complete specific tasks or projects
- The opportunity to give a potential recruit a trial without obligation
- Forging greater collaborations with higher education institutions and feeding into teaching practices and methodologies
- An injection of new and fresh ideas into your organisation
- Contributing to the development of tomorrow’s workforce
- Staff development opportunities that arise from employees mentoring students
Flinders University is committed to supporting students in each phase of their placement, including monitoring their work and progress as well as assessment. All university courses and topics are quality assured in line with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) and our relevant policies and procedures.
The National Strategy on Work Integrated Learning in University Education is a partnership approach between universities and enterprises to improve the quality and capacity of education and the innovation, breadth and competitiveness of our economy. It has been developed to improve the scale, breadth and value of work integrated learning and improve the work readiness of graduates. Flinders University is actively engaged with external bodies to progress work in this area and ensure our students are effectively prepared for entry into professional practice.