This can be used to calculate your current GPA. To use the tool, select the grades you have received for each topic and the topic unit value. You can give each topic a name/description (eg PSYC1101). You can also add extra topics as required.
|Topic code||Grade||Topic unit value|
Please enter grades to calculate your GPA
This is intended as a guide only, official GPA can be located on your unofficial/official transcript.
How is my GPA calculated?
Flinders University assigns the following values to each grade received:
High Distinction = 7; Distinction = 6; Credit = 5; Pass = 4; Fail = 0; Withdraw Fail = 0
To calculate your GPA, multiply the grade value received by the unit value for each topic (usually 4.5). Add the values obtained for each topic together, and divide by the total unit value.
Non-Graded Pass (NGP) and Withdraw, Not Fail (WN) topics are not included in the calculations.
Jenny has completed 4 topics, each with a unit value of 4.5. She received 1 Distinction, 1 High Distinction, 1 Pass and 1 Non-Graded Pass.
Jenny's GPA is calculated as follows:
- Topic 1: 6 (Distinction) x 4.5 units = 27
- Topic 2: 7 (High Distinction) x 4.5 units = 31.5
- Topic 3: 4 (Pass) x 4.5 units = 18
- Topic 4: not included in the calculations
- Total value for all topics: 27 + 31.5 + 18 = 76.5
- Total units studied: 4.5 units x 3 topics = 13.5 (note: the Non-Graded Pass topic is not counted)
- Jenny's GPA: total value / total units = 76.5 / 13.5 = 5.67