A postgraduate program
Course type: Postgraduate (coursework)
Availability (full-time or part-time): Full-time l Part-time
Location: On campus
Course name: Graduate Diploma in Engineering Science
Duration (full-time equivalent): 1 year
SATAC code: 2GD080
CRICOS code: 077361E
The Graduate Diploma in Engineering Science is a pathway to the Master of Engineering (Biomedical) or Master of Engineering (Electronics) for graduates of science and nonaccredited engineering degrees. It can also be taken as a standalone course.
Graduates who do not wish to continue with a Master of Engineering will be prepared for careers in engineering-related fields, where the skills and knowledge of engineering fundamentals and the ability to communicate with engineering professionals are required.
The combination of this Graduate Diploma in Engineering Science together with one of Flinders' Master of Engineering programs is provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer. Full accreditation is normally granted when the first cohort of students graduate from the program.
Professional engineering courses accredited by Engineers Australia are recognised internationally under the Washington Accord. Once fully accredited graduates of a Graduate Diploma in Engineering Science / Master of Engineering combination will meet the academic requirements for attaining chartered professional engineering status.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule:
Applicants must normally hold one of the following appropriate qualifications:
- a science degree including study in mathematics and physics, or
- a medical science degree (for later articulation to the Master of Engineering (Biomedical)), or
- a computer science or information technology degree (for later articulation to the Master of Engineering (Electronics), or
- an engineering qualification.
Graduates of engineering degrees without appropriate electronic content may be required to undertake appropriate bridging studies in order to apply for the Master course.
The University may, under certain circumstances and subject to specific conditions, admit others who can show that they demonstrate the experience, knowledge and aptitude required to undertake the course.
International students: Entry and English language requirements
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Application closing dates:||
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
|Application closing dates:||Semester 1 - 30 November of the year preceding admission
Semester 2 - 31 May of that year.
|Course||Domestic students||International students|
|Graduate Diploma in Engineering Science||
Place type: Full fee paying
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.