A postgraduate program
Course type: Postgraduate (coursework)
Availability (full-time or part-time): Full-time
Location: On campus
Course name: Master of Physiotherapy
Duration (full-time equivalent): 2 years
SATAC code: 2CM134
CRICOS code: 079421D
The Master of Physiotherapy aims to prepare you for professional practice as a physiotherapist across a range of settings, including rural and remote areas.
The course prepares you to become a contemporary, client-centred health professional able to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team.
This program is accredited by the Australian Physiotherapy Council and satisfies the academic requirements for registration as a physiotherapist with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule:
Applicants must normally hold an approved degree with a GPA of no less than 5.0, or an equivalent qualification; and have either completed the Bachelor of Health Sciences (Principles of Physiotherapy) at Flinders University OR have demonstrated that they have completed the following prerequisite topics:
- the equivalent of 9 units of human physiology, including detailed exercise physiology
- the equivalent of 9 units of anatomy, including detailed musculoskeletal anatomy
- the equivalent of 4.5 units of study focussed on an understanding of the human and social environment and social perspectives in health such as psychology and sociology
- the equivalent of 4.5 units study of research methods
- the equivalent of 4.5 units of study in communication skills.
All Physiotherapy students will be required to complete a criminal history screening check prior to undertaking any placement.
Immunisation and Communicable Diseases: Requirements for Clinical Placements
This course includes clinical placements which aim to provide students with the practical experience required for the workplace. Students on placement have both an increased risk of most vaccine preventable diseases as well as the potential to transmit infections to susceptible patients. Students who are required to complete clinical placements as part of their course must therefore be immunised in accordance with the relevant State or Territory immunisation standards (e.g. Health Immunisation for Health Care Workers in South Australia 2014 Policy Guideline) and any additional private provider requirements as needed.
Further information about immunisation and other clinical placement requirements.
|Mid year entry:||No|
|Application closing dates:||
|Mid year entry:||No|
|Applications:||How to apply|
Open: 1 April
Close: Subject to availability
|Course||Domestic students||International students|
|Master of Physiotherapy||
Place type: Commonwealth supported
Place type: Full fee paying
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.