A postgraduate program
Course type: Postgraduate (coursework)
Availability (full-time or part-time): Full-time l Part-time
Location: On campus
Course name: Master of Teaching (Early Childhood)
Duration (full-time equivalent): 2 years
SATAC code: 2CM088
CRICOS code: 063695J
The Master of Teaching (Early Childhood) is a pre-service teacher education postgraduate course that builds on prior learning and develops advanced professional knowledge, practice and relationship skills relevant to teaching.
This course is designed to prepare early childhood educators (birth to age 8).
- be provided with the background and skills necessary to enter the early childhood teaching profession with confidence and competence
- gain knowledge of curriculum studies and theories of education
- undertake teaching practice in early childhood settings (eg childcare centres, kindergartens, pre-school and year levels Reception to Year 2).
We aim to educate students who appreciate the complex nature of a teacher's work and practice in ways that promote a socially just, democratic and ecologically sustainable world.
Successful completion of this program provides a recognised academic qualification which will enable graduates to apply for teacher registration in South Australia and some overseas countries.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule:
Applicants must hold an approved degree or equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary institution. Admission is based on academic merit as determined by assessment of an applicant's qualifications.
Students must obtain a Child-Related Employment Screening through the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) before they can apply for school experience and teaching practicum placements.
The Master of Teaching is a pre-service teaching degree and admission normally will not be granted to applicants who already hold a teaching qualification. Applicants must hold an approved undergraduate Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification. Admission is based on academic merit as determined by assessment of an applicant's qualifications.
International students: Entry and English language requirements
|Mid year entry:||No|
|Application closing dates:||
|Mid year entry:||No|
|Applications:||How to apply|
|Application closing dates:||Semester 1 - 30 November of the year preceding admission
Semester 2 - 31 May of that year.
|Course||Domestic students||International students|
|Master of Teaching (Early Childhood)||Place type: Commonwealth supported
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.