The Bachelor of Exercise Science Honours program is offered by the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences.
The Honours program in Exercise Science is offered by the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences to students who have:
- completed the Bachelor of Exercise Science or another qualification which the Faculty Board (upon recommendation of the Honours Committee) agrees is equivalent
- achieved a GPA of at least 5.0 in the ordinary degree.
The Bachelor of Exercise Science (Honours) program aims to allow more capable students to extend their undergraduate career by demonstrating their ability to work in a research environment. In particular, the Honours year provides experience in research design, critical analysis of information, data management and theory generation using either or both qualitative and quantitative methods.
Graduates of the course will:
- be able to apply knowledge to specific health issues in Exercise Science and be prepared to undertake a research project in their field of interest;
- be equipped to pursue a postgraduate research study;
- be capable of undertaking a research project using both/either qualitative or quantitative research methods;
- be able to present their findings to the academic community; and
- possess the skills to apply for, and prepare research grants
The Honours program comprises 36 units of study taken in one year full-time or two years
part-time in the following topics:
Core - Year 1 topics
36 units comprising:
EXSC7005B Honours Program In Exercise Science (18/36 Units)
EXSC7005C Honours Program In Exercise Science (18/36 Units)
EXSC7005D Honours Program In Exercise Science (9/36 Units) AND
EXSC7005E Honours Program In Exercise Science (9/36 Units) AND
EXSC7005F Honours Program In Exercise Science (9/36 Units) AND
EXSC7005G Honours Program In Exercise Science (9/36 Units)
The School of Health Sciences Honours Committee will approve a student's admission and proposed program and appoint a supervisor and two assessors. The Committee and the supervisors of each student enrolled in the degree shall comprise the Examinations Board.