The Master of Business Administration (Advanced) is a 72-unit program which is part of the Graduate Program in International Business Administration offered by the Flinders Business School within the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences. It articulates with the 18-unit Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and the 36-unit Graduate Diploma in Business Administration , and the sequentially developed topics allow progression through the three awards.
Students who have completed the Graduate Diploma normally receive credit for up to 36 units of topics towards the Masters degree.
Alternatively, students enrolled directly in the Masters program may choose only to meet the requirements for the Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma and exit with that qualification.
The Master of Business Administration (Advanced) offers the opportunity for specialisation. Business specialisations are offered to graduates from any discipline. Non-business specialisations are offered to enhance the career opportunities of the specialists in various industries and to help others entering these industries in management or consulting positions.
Applicants will normally hold a bachelor degree or equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary institution OR have completed the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration.
However, the Faculty Board may, under certain circumstances and subject to specific conditions, admit others who can show evidence of fitness for candidature.
Non-business specialisations have slightly different entry requirements from the business specialisations in the MBus in order to ensure they admit students appropriately qualified in the specific discipline:
- entry to the Master of Business Administration (Advanced) (Education) requires a bachelor degree in an education-related field from an approved tertiary institution plus at least 2 years professional experience working in an education related field.
- entry to the Master of Business Administration (Advanced) (Health) requires a bachelor degree in a health-related field from an approved tertiary institution plus at least 4 years professional experience working in the health or aged care industries.
- applicants with a bachelor degree in a health-related field and at least 2 years experience in the health industry and who study part-time (and thus add to professional experience whilst studying) can also apply for the Master of Business (Health)
The course is designed to provide a strong foundation of business knowledge, skills and attitudes to support ethical, global business management of organisations including private sector business organisations, not-for-profit organisations and public organisations. Through experiential learning techniques students will develop knowledge and skills to conduct independent research, carry out industry and discipline related projects, and relate their learning to authentic business problems and issues.
Graduates of the Master of Business Administration (Advanced) will be able to:
- Explain the role of and apply economics, accounting, financial management, human resource management and marketing knowledge and skills in decision making and management of organisations.
- Recognise the potential impact of local and global economic conditions and events, with emphasis on the Asia Pacific region, on the operations and strategic management of organisations.
- Apply sound financial management techniques and analytical skills to authentic operations and strategic management issues of organisations.
- Apply contemporary strategic management practices compatible with organisational sustainability, ethical behaviour and effective workforce relations.
- Describe a range of research methods useful in the conduct of industry and organisation based projects, and discuss their benefits and limitations.
- Work both individually and in groups to conduct business research and critically evaluate the findings to solve business related problems.
- Present theoretical concepts and complex ideas in both written and verbal formats appropriate for a range of stakeholder audiences
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)(International Business)
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)(Finance)
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)(Biotechnology)
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)(Tourism)
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)(Education)
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)(Health)