The Bachelor of Creative Arts requires three years of full-time study. Part-time study is only available in the Visual Arts stream. The course is offered by the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences.
The minimum requirements for consideration for entry to all undergraduate courses are specified in detail in the University Entry Requirements.
The Creative Writing, Dance, Digital Media, Drama, Screen and Visual Effects and Entertainment Design streams require applicants to meet additional entry criteria to demonstrate their creative abilities. The details of these requirements are listed in the course rule for these streams (refer to links below).
The core aim of the course is to develop in students the creative, practical, critical and collaborative skills necessary to pursue a career in the relevant area (writing, dance, fashion, costume design, visual arts, digital media, drama, enterprise, screen and digital effects/entertainment) in the arts, fashion and communications industries. These core skills will be complemented by the skills and knowledge acquired by students completing a major in the closely related discipline area.
Upon completion of their degree, students will have gained specific practical and analytical skills in one of the following programs of study: creative writing, costume design, dance, enterprise, fashion, visual arts, acting and directing for stage and screen, creative work in digital media, and video production. In addition, students will have developed a range of transferable skills.
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Creative Writing)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Costume Design)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media) - no further student intake
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media) (Hong Kong)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Enterprise)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Fashion)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Screen)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Effects and Entertainment Design)
Enrolment in the honours program may be offered to a student who meets certain academic criteria and subject to the College being able to provide appropriate resources and staff to supervise the program of study.
Refer to Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours)