Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.0, A Levels: 6, IB Diploma: 24, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) is the most popular degree at Flinders University and at most universities around the world. It provides a high quality education suitable for today's society, featuring both depth of study and breadth of knowledge.
The BA's flexibility allows you to either:
- explore in depth a single field of study (up to two-thirds of your topics may be concentrated in a chosen field) or
- range widely and study several different fields of study (the BA allows you to graduate with 1 or 2 majors).
Students graduate with specific skills and knowledge and a range of generic skills, including oral, written, electronic and graphic communication and presentation skills, critical analysis, teamwork and interpersonal skills, management and planning skills and computer literacy.
Major and minor sequences
- Applied Linguistics
- Archaeology (minor sequence only)
- Australian Studies
- Chinese (not offered from 1 January 2017)
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice (not offered from 1 January 2017)
- Geography and Environmental Studies
- Indigenous Studies (minor sequence only)
- Information Technology (minor sequence only)
- Innovation and Enterprise
- International Affairs (minor sequence only)
- International Relations
- Law and Society
- Legal Studies (not offered from 1 January 2017)
- Mathematics (minor sequence only)
- Modern Greek
- Professional Studies (minor sequence only)
- Screen and Media
- Sciences (minor sequence only)
- Visual Arts
- Women's Studies
Bachelor of Arts students may enrol in cross-institutional topics offered by the Adelaide Central School of Art (ACSA) as part of the elective component of the degree.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Arts at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Arts at Flinders:
- gives you choice and flexibility – you can study from a wide range of areas and combine your interests
- allows you to study subjects not available elsewhere in South Australia
- develops the generic skills that employers will value throughout your career
- allows you to combine your interest in Arts with another Flinders degree
- is taught by staff that are nationally, and internationally, recognised as key researchers in their fields.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology) | 4.5 years | SATAC code: 214052
- Bachelor of Business | 4 years | SATAC code: 214762
- Bachelor of Business (Business Economics) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224382
- Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224392
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224402
- Bachelor of Business (International Business) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224412
- Bachelor of Business (Management) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224362
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224372
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224472
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224502
- Bachelor of Commerce (Sustainability) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of International Relations | 4 years | SATAC code: 224992
- Bachelor of International Tourism | 4 years | SATAC code: 214842
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice | 5.5 years | SATAC code: 214442
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Honours) | 5.5 years | SATAC code: 224302
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Arts - Enhanced Program for High Achievers
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)/Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Education (Primary R - 7)/Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Education (Middle and Secondary Schooling)/Bachelor of Arts
Further study options
A Bachelor of Arts (Honours) program is available in most areas of study. A range of graduate entry degrees are also offered.
Arts (PDF 5MB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|