Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years (full-time only)
Location: On campus
2016 Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR): 60.00
For those completing the SACE (or interstate equivalent) the minimum ATAR required for consideration of entry is 60.
Applicants are required to submit a written statement, CV and a portfolio and meet the university’s minimum entry scores.
FISC Foundation: 6.0, Gao Kao: Tier Two (Portfolio required as part of the admissions process)
The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media) explores the connections between technology and the creative arts and the ways in which digital media is used in society and the workplace. It combines studies in IT, multi-media design and culture, with a strong emphasis on working in creative teams.
You will gain basic professional skills in digital media production, including the operation of software and hardware, as well as the ability to plan, develop and complete a digital media product, including production and post-production stages.
You will also develop an understanding of screen and digital media through their historical developments, social and cultural applications, and the function of formal and aesthetic properties in various forms.
The course is designed to provide all students with experience in the creative process and the ability to apply logical thought, analysis and research skills in ways that will enhance both the creative and practical processes required by digital media production.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Digital Media at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media) at Flinders:
- is designed for students who want to fill key creative writing roles in the digital media industries
- provides you with the skills to begin your career in the Creative Industries
- offers innovative yet practical education with a strong vocational focus
- is recognised as the leading course of its type in South Australia.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English and creative writing. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
Additional requirements: To apply you need to submit an application through the South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC) and submit a written statement, CV and a portfolio and submit a completed and signed coversheet - Refer to Application guidelines and forms - Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media) (PDF 302KB) .
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||No|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||No|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Creative Writing)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Screen)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Media Arts
Further study options
- A Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours) program is available.
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Creative Writing)
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Screen)
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Screen and Media Production
Creative Arts & Media (PDF 2MB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|