Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years (full time only). 4 with honours.
Location: On campus
2017 Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR): 60.00
For those completing the SACE (or interstate equivalent) the minimum ATAR required for consideration of entry is 60.00.
This course is not available to international students.
The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Fashion), offered in collaboration with TAFE SA*, is an industry-focused program that combines practical skills with theoretical knowledge for an excellent outcome.
You will learn about garment construction, patternmaking, drawing and design as well as academic and professional communication and marketing.
*Students will enrol concurrently in Flinders’ Bachelor of Creative Arts (Fashion) and the TAFE SA Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology (LMT50307).
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Fashion at Flinders?
- This is the only three-year degree in fashion design in South Australia.
- Study a unique combination of hands-on garment design and production, creative arts topics, and business and cultural aspects of the industry.
- Specialise in either small-scale business, such as custom garment design, or large-scale business, such as global fashion brands.
- Combine study at Flinders and TAFE SA and work in dedicated fashion workshops for an enriched experience.
- Gain insight into the business side of the industry, including valuable skills in communication for the offshore production environment.
- Learn about computer-aided design technologies that contribute to design, production and marketing processes.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
If you're using your SACE (year 12) results (or equivalent) this means achieving an ATAR of 60 or above.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|CRICOS code:||This course is not available to international students|
|Mid year entry:||This course is not available to international students|
|Applications:||This course is not available to international students|
This course is not available to international students
Note: Fees for each component are charged separately by each institution. Further information.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Screen)
Further study options
- A Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours) program is available.
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Creative Writing)
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Screen)
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Screen and Media Production
TAFE SA RTO code: 41026