Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length (full-time equivalent): 3 years (full-time only)
Location: On campus
2017 Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR): 60.00
For those completing the SACE (or interstate equivalent) the minimum ATAR required for consideration of entry is 60.00.
Applicants are required to submit a written statement, CV and a showreel/portfolio and meet the University’s minimum entry scores.
FISC Foundation: 6.0, Gao Kao: Tier Two (Portfolio required as part of the admissions process)
The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Screen) provides the conceptual and practical groundwork needed to devise short, screen-based productions.
It trains you in the intellectual and basic technical skills required to produce screen-based media from conception, scripting to production and post-production and presentation.
You can specialise in specific skills, including producing, directing, writing, editing or production management.
You will develop generic skills such as independent thinking, critical evaluation and the ability to do research that will greatly increase your employment prospects in a very competitive environment.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Screen at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Screen) at Flinders:
- is designed for students who want to fill key creative roles in the film, television and digital media industries as writers, researchers, editors, directors or producers
- provides you with the skills to begin your career in the Creative Industries
- offers innovative yet practical education with a strong vocational focus
- is recognised as the leading course of its type in South Australia.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
Additional requirements: To apply you need to submit an application through the South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC), submit a written statement, CV and a showreel/portfolio, and submit a completed and signed coversheet - Refer to Application guidelines and forms - Bachelor of Creative Arts (Screen) (PDF 1MB) .
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|SATAC code:||214571||CRICOS code:||043144F|
|Mid year entry:||No||Mid year entry:||
|Applications:||SATAC Uniweb||Applications:||How to apply|
Place type: Commonweath supported
|Annual fees:||2018: $25,800
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Creative Writing)
Further study options
- A Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours) program is available
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Creative Writing)
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Screen)
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Screen and Media Production
|Creative arts and media (PDF 1MB)||International course guides|