Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length (full-time equivalent): 3 years (full-time only)
Location: On campus
2014 Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR):
For those completing the SACE (or interstate equivalent) the minimum ATAR required for consideration of entry is 60.
Portfolio/show-reel, interview, written statement, curriculum vitate and referee details also required.
FISC Foundation: 6.0, Gao Kao: Tier Two (Portfolio required ass part of the admissions process)
The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Screen) provides the conceptual and practical groundwork needed to devise short, screen-based productions.
It trains you in the intellectual and basic technical skills required to produce screen-based media from conception, scripting to production and post-production and presentation.
You can specialise in specific skills, including producing, directing, writing, editing or production management.
You will develop generic skills such as independent thinking, critical evaluation and the ability to do research that will greatly increase your employment prospects in a very competitive environment.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Screen at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Screen) at Flinders:
- is designed for students who want to fill key creative roles in the film, television and digital media industries as writers, researchers, editors, directors or producers
- provides you with the skills to begin your career in the Creative Industries
- offers innovative yet practical education with a strong vocational focus
- is recognised as the leading course of its type in South Australia.
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of 1 extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
Additional requirements: Refer to detailed entry requirements
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|SATAC code:||214571||CRICOS code:||043144F|
|Mid year entry:||No||Mid year entry:||
|Applications:||SATAC Uniweb||Applications:||How to apply|
Place type: Commonweath-supported
|Annual fees:||2015: $21,400|
Note: Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Creative Writing)
Further study options
- A Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours) program is available
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Creative Writing)
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Screen)
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Screen and Media Production
|Creative Arts & Media (PDF 611KB)||eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|