Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
2017 Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR): 60.00
For those completing the SACE (or interstate equivalent) the minimum ATAR required for consideration of entry is 60.00.
The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts) is an exciting new degree providing:
- the opportunity to experience a range of visual arts disciplines, and majors are available in ceramics, jewellery, painting, drawing, photography, digital media, printmaking and sculpture
- access to high-quality, fully equipped studios, practising artist/lecturers and exhibition spaces.
Delivered in Partnership with TAFE SA through Adelaide College of the Arts in Light Square, students will enrol concurrently at Flinders University and TAFE SA. Students will graduate with a TAFE SA Diploma of Visual Arts (CUV50111), Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts (CIV60211) and Flinders’ Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts). The course provides a seamless pathway from TAFE to university study.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Visual Arts at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts) at Flinders:
- offers you the opportunity to study a range of visual arts disciplines in purpose-built studios
- provides you with the skills to launch your career in the creative industries.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
If you're using your SACE (year 12) results (or equivalent) this means achieving an ATAR of 60 or above.
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonweath supported
Fees for each component are charged separately by each institution. Further information.
|CRICOS code:||Not available to international students|
|Mid year entry:||Not available to international students|
|Applications:||Not available to international students|
Not available to international students
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Screen)
Further study options
- A Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours) program is available.
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Creative Writing)
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Drama)
- Graduate Diploma and Master of Creative Arts (Screen)
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Screen and Media Production
|Creative arts and media (PDF 1MB)|
TAFE SA RTO code: 41026