Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The objective of the Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) is to provide an overall understanding of the applied finance discipline and wealth creation.
This degree prepares you for a career in fields such as financial engineering, treasury, fund management and investment banking.
The Finance specialisation includes:
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Financial Markets
- Management of Financial Institutions
- International Finance
- Financial Management
- Investments and Portfolio Management
- Corporate Finance
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Commerce at Flinders?
- The Flinders Business School offers a unique approach to business teaching, research and community service in South Australia.
- Our staff have the academic qualifications, combined with a wealth of practical experience and a proven international research record, which enable us to provide business degrees that are recognised by professional bodies and highly valued by public and private sector employers.
- We are at the forefront of research into some of the key contemporary issues impacting upon Australia's economy, including social and environmental accounting, ecological economics, corporate social responsibility, philanthropy and ethics. Other areas of strategic focus include electronic commerce, small enterprise management and Australia/Asia business relations.
- Our graduates enjoy high employment rates for positions in accounting, finance, and business-related professions, both nationally and internationally.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Arts | 4 years | SATAC code: 224502
- Bachelor of Business | 4 years | SATAC code: 224502
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224502
- Bachelor of Business (Innovation and Enterprise) l 4 years l SATAC code: 224472
- Bachelor of Business (International Business) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224502
- Bachelor of Business (Management) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224502
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224502
- Bachelor of Information Technology | 4 years | SATAC code: 224502
- Bachelor of International Relations | 4 - 6 years | SATAC code: 224502
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice | 5.5 years | SATAC code: 224502
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Honours) | 5.5 years | SATAC code: 224302
- Bachelor of Public Administration l 4 years l SATAC code: 214762
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
|Annual fees:||2018: $26,100
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Economics)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance/Economics)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Advanced Leadership)
Further study options
Students may apply to undertake the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) program, specialised or non-specialised Master of Business Administration or Master of Accounting.
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)
|Business, commerce & management (PDF 6MB)|
|International course guides|