Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
Admission information sets: Flinders University | Bachelor of Communication and Professional Writing
International students: FISC Foundation: 6.4, A Levels: 8, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two English requirements
The Bachelor of Communication and Professional Writing prepares you to work as a content manager, social media manager, website-editor, online journalist/blogger, communication manager and community engagement manager in a wide range of areas in digital and social media, public relations or advertising within government and private organisations.
The degree will provide you with the skills and knowledge to be able to research, write, design and produce communication content for a range of media platforms.
Specifically, you will be equipped to:
- research and write for different audiences
- create graphics and images to complement the text
- publish and maintain the communication on various platforms (eg print, websites, blogs, social media, etc)
- undertake marketing/public relations activities.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Communication and Professional Writing at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Communication and Professional Writing at Flinders:
- provides you with the skills and knowledge to be able to research, write, design and produce communication content for a range of media platforms
- allows you to practice writing for different audiences, create graphics and images to complement the text and publish on various platforms
- prepares you for careers in digital and social media, public relations, promotional communication or advertising within government and private organisations.
You can combine this degree with the following:
- Bachelor of Sport, Health and Physical Activity | 4 years | SATAC code: 234072
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Culture and communication (PDF 1MB)