Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier 2
The Bachelor of Commerce (Sustainability) draws on the skills and expertise of 3 areas of the University - the Flinders Business School, the School of the Environment and the School of Social and Policy Studies - to provide core studies in the range of topics related to business and sustainability.
Elective subjects are available from a range of areas, so you will be exposed to the wider environmental issues that are important for business practitioners and society.
You will also be able to focus on environment-related business areas such as ecotourism, development or management.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Commerce at Flinders?
- The Flinders Business School offers a unique approach to business teaching, research and community service in South Australia.
- Our staff have the academic qualifications, combined with a wealth of practical experience and a proven international research record, which enable us to provide business degrees that are recognised by professional bodies and highly valued by public and private sector employers.
- We are at the forefront of research into some of the key contemporary issues impacting upon Australia's economy, including social and environmental accounting, ecological economics, corporate social responsibility, philanthropy and ethics. Other areas of strategic focus include electronic commerce, small enterprise management and Australia/Asia business relations.
- Our graduates enjoy high employment rates for positions in accounting, finance, and business-related professions, both nationally and internationally.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Arts | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of Business | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of Business (Business Economics) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of Business (International Business) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of Business (Management) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of Government and Public Management | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of Information Technology | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of International Studies | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice | 5.5 years | SATAC code: 214442
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of 1 extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
Note: Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance/Economics)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Sustainability)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Advanced Leadership)
Further study options
Students may apply to undertake the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) program, specialised or non-specialised Master of Business Administration or Master of Accounting.
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)
Business & Commerce (PDF 974KB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|