Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus l Online
Admission information sets: Flinders University | Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education
FISC Foundation: 6.0, A Levels: 6, IB Diploma: 24, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education is a multi-faceted program that addresses health, psychological and educational issues.
Its content is multi-disciplinary, with contributions from psychology, philosophy, sociology, health, rehabilitation and special education.
Theory and practice are closely interwoven to enable you to become an efficient and effective practitioner.
It will prepare you to provide physical assistance to people with special needs, while also helping them to grow as individuals.
The Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education (Online)is also available as an online study option.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Disability and Developmental Education at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education at Flinders:
- is unique in Australia because it is specifically focused on the skills required to help people with disabilities to invole themselves fully in community life
- will prepare you for a rewarding career that allows you make important differences in people's lives
- is multi-disciplinary in content, with contributions from psychology, philosophy, sociology, health, rehabilitation and special education
- allows you to develop specialist human service skills.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
Additional requirements: For applicants applying for online mode of study (SATAC code 224535), additional to meeting the university's normal entry requirements, spplicants should have good contact with a disability agency that will allow them to undertake their practical. Please contact the Disability and Community Inclusion Unit firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 8201 3745 for further advice.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Immunisation and Communicable Diseases: Requirements for Clinical Placements
This course includes clinical placements which aim to provide students with the practical experience required for the workplace. Students on placement have both an increased risk of most vaccine preventable diseases as well as the potential to transmit infections to susceptible patients. Students who are required to complete clinical placements as part of their course must therefore be immunised in accordance with the relevant State or Territory immunisation standards (e.g. Health Immunisation for Health Care Workers in South Australia 2014 Policy Guideline) and any additional private provider requirements as needed.
Further information about immunisation and other clinical placement requirements.
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
- A Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education (Honours) is available
- Graduate Certificate and Master of Disability Policy and Practice
- Phd (Research)
|Health (PDF 6MB)