Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus l External | Online
The Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education (Rehabilitation Counselling) will equip you with specific work-integrated knowledge and skills that can be applied in a range of disability and related health and human services environments.
On completion you can be employed as both rehabilitation counsellors and developmental educators and are qualified to work in the field of service provision for people with diverse needs, including developmental and acquired disabilities.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Disability and Developmental Education at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education at Flinders:
- is unique in Australia because it is specifically focused on the skills required to help people with disabilities to invole themselves fully in community life
- will prepare you for a rewarding career that allows you make important differences in people's lives
- is multi-disciplinary in content, with contributions from psychology, philosophy, sociology, health, rehabilitation and special education
- allows you to develop specialist human service skills.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
Applications and annual fees
234042 (External study)
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|CRICOS code:||Not available to international students.|
|Mid year entry:||Not available to international students.|
|Applications:||Not available to international students.|
Not available to international students.
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
- A Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education (Honours) is available
- Graduate Certificate and Master of Disability Policy and Practice
- Phd (Research)
|Health (PDF 6MB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|