Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Education (Secondary Schooling) / Bachelor of Languages prepares you to teach foreign languages at the Year 12 level.
Students will combine the skills and knowledge to become secondary school teachers with the qualifications to teach two different foreign languages.
You will complete one major sequence and one teaching major sequence chosen from:
- Modern Greek
- Teaching English as a Second Language
You will develop knowledge of curriculum relevant to your chosen discipline, use educational theory to inform your judgement, and apply what you have learnt in a range of educational settings with diverse groups of students.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Education?
Education encompasses teaching and learning specific skills, and something less tangible but more profound: the imparting of knowledge, positive judgment and well-developed wisdom.
Why study Education at Flinders?
Our education courses:
- allow you to complete a double degree in 4 years
- provide specialised options for those who wish to teach at different levels within the education system
- prepare students to become effective and appropriately skilled teachers
- open a wider range of career options than conventional teaching programs
- promote a socially just, democratic and ecologically sustainable world.
Successful completion of this program provides a recognised academic qualification which will enable graduates to apply for teacher registration in South Australia and some overseas countries.
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of 1 extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Additional requirements: Students are required to undertake professional experiences in a range of diverse educational contexts. Requirements of professional experience include:
- Obtaining a Child-Related Employment Screening through the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI);
- The ability to undertake the required block professional experiences placements; and
- Holding a current certificate of attendance for Responding to Abuse and Neglect - Promoting Safety and Wellbeing.
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Education (Middle and Secondary Schooling) / Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Education (Middle and Secondary Schooling) / Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Education (Middle and Secondary Schooling) / Bachelor of Science
Further study options
- Refer to Postgraduate courses - Education
Education (PDF 778KB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|