Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Environment is a multidisciplinary course at Flinders bringing together areas such as social sciences, geography, geospatial science, environmental science, environmental management and health.
It enables you to expand your knowledge, challenge your beliefs and learn complementary ways of thinking about environmental issues and problems.
The course can be undertaken in 1 of 3 major streams:
- Environment: a broad qualification in the environment which covers aspects of both environmental science and environmental management
- Environmental science: focuses on the underlying science that underpins environmental monitoring, assessment and improvement
- Environmental management: the management of how we as human societies interact with the environment and the impact this has.
The course is designed so that you can pursue a specialised major in Environmental Management or Environmental Science from the beginning, or discover which areas are of most interest to you and decide on a major in third year. Those who would prefer a broader qualification can graduate with the more generalised major in Environment.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Environment at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Environment at Flinders:
- is available in one of three streams: Environment, Environmental Management or Environmental Science
- offers practical experiences that are relevant to a wide rnage of careers in the environment
- gives you an awareness of the global nature of environmental issues and the international policy and management contexts in which they are understood.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering Science | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224682
- Bachelor of Information Technology | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224682
- Bachelor of Science | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224682
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of one extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
Note: Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
|Environment (PDF 920KB)|
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|