This course is not offered in 2017
Course type: Honours
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
The Bachelor of Engineering (Agricultural and Biosystems) (Honours) is designed to create engineers capable of designing and developing engineered solutions to problems in agriculture and capitalising on opportunities in the production of food.
This degree will provide you with the qualifications to work as an engineer in the horticulture, fisheries, animal production and regional farming sectors.
What will I study?
Why study Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering at Flinders?
- This is only one of two degrees of its kind in Australia.
- Qualify to practise as an agricultural and biosystems engineer - a career for the future.
- Learn to design and develop engineered solutions to problems in agriculture.
- Be prepared to capitalise on opportunities in the production of food.
- Build your understanding of agricultural and biosystems engineering in cereal, horticulture, livestock and aquaculture production systems.
This program has been designed to be accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer. Professional engineering courses accredited by Engineers Australia are recognised internationally under the Washington Accord.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the College of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Mathematical Studies or equivalent. Knowledge of SACE Stage 2 Physics or equivalent is assumed.
International students are expected to have completed senior secondary mathematical methods/mathematical studies or equivalent. Knowledge of senior secondary physics is assumed.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
2016: Fee to be advised
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Engineering Science
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Biomedical)
Further study options