Course type: Honours
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.4, A Levels: 8, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) (Honours) provides students with the skills and knowledge to plan, design and build the electronic circuitry that is integral to so many high technology applications.
You will study:
- fundamental science and engineering topics including digital and analog electronics, computer programming, mathematics and physics
- topics dealing with a variety of areas including microprocessors, signal processing, and motor and actuators.
The final year provides scope to take electives in computer science and engineering. It also includes a major research project.
We have developed close relationships with a number of private sector and government organisations and all students undertake Flinders' nationally recognised 20 week industry placement.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Electronic Engineering?
Electronics is the enabling technology for today's society. It is embedded in most facets of life ranging from consumer goods to the sophisticated instrumentation used in electronic circuits, electronic devices, telecommunications and computer systems.
Electronics engineers are involved in developing technology used in areas such as aircraft systems, media and sound broadcasting, traffic and urban management, medical equipment, robotics, broadband systems, and scientific devices.
High demand exists for qualified professional electronic engineers in areas such as defence, medicine, telecommunications, building, manufacturing and mining.
Why study Electronics Engineering at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) (Honours) at Flinders:
- lets you participate in Flinders University’s nationally recognised 20-week industry placement program
- is accredited by Engineers Australia and is recognised internationally
- involves in-depth study of the enabling technology for today’s society.
This program is fully accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer.
Professional engineering courses accredited by Engineers Australia are recognised internationally under the Washington Accord.
Graduates meet the academic requirements for attaining chartered professional engineering status.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Computer Science l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224822
- Bachelor of Design and Technology Innovation l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224822
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours) l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224822
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours) l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224822
- Bachelor of Environment l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224822
- Bachelor of Information Technology l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224822
- Bachelor of Science l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224822
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of one extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Mathematical Studies or equivalent. Knowledge of SACE Stage 2 Physics or equivalent is assumed.
International students are expected to have completed senior secondary mathematical methods/mathematical studies or equivalent. Knowledge of senior secondary physics is assumed.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Systems) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Naval Architecture) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Electronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering Science
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
Further study options
- Master of Engineering (Electronics)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Research)
- Master of Engineering (Research)