Course type: Honours
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.4, A Levels: 8, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Honours) will prepare you to be well rounded and capable of working across the electrical engineering industry.
You will have the opportunity to focus on niche areas including renewable technologies such as wind farms, and electrical drive systems such as those used on ships and submarines and in emission-free vehicles.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Electrical Engineering?
Electrical engineering is concerned with large scale electrical systems such as power supply, renewable power generation and motors. This differs from electronic engineering which is primarily concerned with small scale, often lower voltage electronic systems such as computer systems, communication networks and integrated circuits.
Why study Electrical Engineering at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Honours) at Flinders:
- looks to the future with an emphasis on renewable energy systems and electrical drive systems
- lets you participate in Flinders University's nationally recognised 20-week industry placement program
- produces graduates who are in high demand in industry in South Australia and Australia.
This program is provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer. Full accreditation is normally granted when the first cohort of students graduate from the program.
Professional engineering courses accredited by Engineers Australia are recognised internationally under the Washington Accord. Once fully accredited graduates will meet the academic requirements for attaining chartered professional engineering status.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the College of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisities: SACE Stage 2 Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Mathematical Studies or equivalent. Knowledge of SACE Stage 2 Physics or equivalent is assumed.
International students are expected to have completed senior secondary mathematical methods/mathematical studies or equivalent. Knowledge of senior secondary physics is assumed.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
|Annual fees:||2017: $30,700
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Network Systems) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Maritime) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Electronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering Science
Further study options