Course type: Honours
Course length: 1 year followed by 3 years in a named Bachelor of Engineering degree (or equivalent part-time)
Location: On campus
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) flexible entry allows you to embark on a first year engineering degree without making a decision as to which engineering specialisation you wish to pursue.
At the end of your first year you can transition to a named engineering discipline of your choice without having to extend the standard 4 year course duration.
The flexible pathway is an excellent choice if you wish to pursue engineering but defer the decision about your specialist area.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study engineering at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - flexible entry at Flinders provides a pathway into the second year of any of the named engineering programs.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the College of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
For those completing SACE before 2017 - Successful completion of any of SACE Stage 2 (Year 12) Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Studies or Mathematical Methods or equivalent International Baccalaureate subjects. Knowledge of SACE Stage 2 (Year 12) Physics is assumed.
For those completing SACE from 2017 - Successful completion of either SACE Stage 2 (Year 12) Specialist Mathematics or Mathematical Methods or equivalent International Baccalaureate subjects. Knowledge of SACE Stage 2 (Year 12) Physics is assumed.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Agricultural and Biosystems) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Science (Chemical Sciences) / Master of Engineering (Materials)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Systems) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Maritime) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Electronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software) (Honours)
Further study options