Course type: Honours
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.4, A Levels: 8, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours) combines electronics, computer control, signal processing, and programming in the design, development and application of robots and their integration with other systems in the work environment.
Flinders offers the only robotics course in South Australia based on electronics and autonomous intelligent systems – two of the key elements of the latest robotics technologies.
Our robotics degree enables you to choose a course of study with either an intelligent robotics focus or a mechatronics focus.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Robotics Engineering?
Robotics is the design, development and application of robots in fields as diverse as manufacturing, mining and medicine.
Robots are designed to perform a variety of tasks aimed at making people’s lives easier. They are capable of undertaking tasks with a level of precision, strength and endurance beyond that of humans and are an ideal substitute for workers in repetitive, hazardous, and laborious jobs in manufacturing applications.
Why study Robotics Engineering at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours) at Flinders:
- is the only robotics course in South Australia based on key elements of the latest robotics technology
- is accredited by Engineers Australia and is recognised internationally
- lets you participate in Flinders University’s nationally recognised 20-week industry placement program.
This program is provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer. Full accreditation is normally granted when the first cohort of students graduate from the program.
Professional engineering courses accredited by Engineers Australia are recognised internationally under the Washington Accord. Once fully accredited graduates will meet the academic requirements for attaining chartered professional engineering status.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Computer Science l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224842
- Bachelor of Design and Technology Innovation l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224842
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours) l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224842
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours) l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224842
- Bachelor of Environment l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224842
- Bachelor of Information Technology l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224842
- Bachelor of Science l 5 - 6.5 years l SATAC code: 224842
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of one extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Mathematical Studies or equivalent. Knowledge of SACE Stage 2 Physics or equivalent is assumed.
International students are expected to have completed senior secondary mathematical methods/mathematical studies or equivalent. Knowledge of senior secondary physics is assumed.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
Note: Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Electronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Systems) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Science
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
Further study options
- Master of Engineering (Electronics)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Research)
- Master of Engineering (Research)