Course type: Honours
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.4, A Levels: 8, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours) combines electronics, computer control, signal processing, and programming in the design, development and application of robots and their integration with other systems in the work environment.
Flinders offers the only robotics course in South Australia based on electronics and autonomous intelligent systems – two of the key elements of the latest robotics technologies.
Our robotics degree enables you to choose a course of study with either an intelligent robotics focus or a mechatronics focus.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Robotics Engineering?
Robotics is the design, development and application of robots in fields as diverse as manufacturing, mining and medicine.
Robots are designed to perform a variety of tasks aimed at making people’s lives easier. They are capable of undertaking tasks with a level of precision, strength and endurance beyond that of humans and are an ideal substitute for workers in repetitive, hazardous, and laborious jobs in manufacturing applications.
Why study Robotics Engineering at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours) at Flinders:
- is the only robotics course in South Australia based on key elements of the latest robotics technology
- is accredited by Engineers Australia and is recognised internationally
- lets you participate in Flinders University’s nationally recognised 20-week industry placement program.
This program is fully accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer.
Professional engineering courses accredited by Engineers Australia are recognised internationally under the Washington Accord.
Graduates meet the academic requirements for attaining chartered professional engineering status.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the College of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Mathematical Studies or equivalent. Knowledge of SACE Stage 2 Physics or equivalent is assumed.
International students are expected to have completed senior secondary mathematical methods/mathematical studies or equivalent. Knowledge of senior secondary physics is assumed.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
|Annual fees:||2018: $32,200
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Electronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Network Systems) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Science
Further study options
- Master of Engineering (Electronics)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Research)
- Master of Engineering (Research)