Course type: Honours
Course length: 5 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 7.8, A Levels: 13, IB Diploma: 34, Gao Kao: Tier One
The Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Electronics) is a double degree combination that allows high achieving students to undertake a 5 year course of study in robotics and smart instrumentation
This course combines electronics, computer control, signal processing, and programming in the design, development and operation of robots, and their integration with other systems in the work environment.
It also includes advanced topics in areas such as embedded systems, image processing, real-time control and smart sensors.
The University has also developed close relationships with a number of private sector and government organisations and all students undertake Flinders' nationally recognised 20 week industry placement.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Robotics Engineering?
Robotics is the design, development and application of robots in fields as diverse as manufacturing, mining and medicine.
Robots are designed to perform a variety of tasks aimed at making people’s lives easier. They are capable of undertaking tasks with a level of precision, strength and endurance beyond that of humans and are an ideal substitute for workers in repetitive, hazardous, and laborious jobs in manufacturing applications.
Why study Robotics Engineering at Flinders?
This double degree at Flinders:
- is the only robotics course in South Australia based on key elements of the latest robotics technology
- is accredited by Engineers Australia and is recognised internationally
- lets you participate in Flinders University’s nationally recognised 20-week industry placement program.
This program has been designed to be accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer.
Professional engineering courses accredited by Engineers Australia are recognised internationally under the Washington Accord.
Graduates meet the academic requirements for attaining chartered professional engineering status.
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of one extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Mathematical Studies or equivalent. Knowledge of SACE Stage 2 Physics or equivalent is assumed.
International students are expected to have completed senior secondary mathematical methods/mathematical studies or equivalent. Knowledge of senior secondary physics is assumed. A minimum GPA of 5.0 is required to progress to the Masters.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Systems) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Science
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
Further study options