Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 24, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Engineering Science provides you with the foundations for further study in engineering or for a career in an enginering-related field.
The degree offeres specialisations in:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineeering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
A general engineering specialisation has been developed to allow you to pursue a stream of topics oriented towards other disciplines.
There are no prerequisite topics for entry into the Bachelor of Engineering Science, and additonal topics and support in mathematics and physics are provided if you do not have a background in these areas.
In addition, the Bachelor of Engineering Science is a good option if you are yet to make up your mind as to which field of engineering you wish to specialise in.
By performing well in this degree you can apply to Flinders University directly to transfer to any of our 4 year Bachelor of Engineering courses and, depending on the topics you have chosen, can do so with minimal loss of time.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule .
What is Engineering Science?
Engineering science covers both the fundamental science that underpins engineering and knowledge that is specific to the domain of engineering.
At Flinders we use the term engineering science to denote those degrees that can also act as a pathway to full, accredited engineering degrees.
Why study Engineering Science at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Engineering Science at Flinders:
- is a pathway to a 4 year accredited Bachelor of Engineering degree at Flinders
- has no prerequisites or assumed knowledge
- provides additional topics and support for students who do not have background in mathematics and physics.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Applied Geographical Information Systems | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 214592
- Bachelor of Computer Science | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 214822
- Bachelor of Design and Technology Innovation | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224772
- Bachelor of Environment | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224682
- Bachelor of Information Technology | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 214202
- Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224632
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Behaviour) | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224112
- Bachelor of Science (Aquaculture) | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224122
- Bachelor of Science (Biodiversity and Conservation) | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224132
- Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224142
- Bachelor of Science (Clean Technology) | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224572
- Bachelor of Science (Forensic and Analytical Science) | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224612
- Bachelor of Science (Marine Biology) | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224172
- Bachelor of Science (Nanotechnology) | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224182
- Bachelor of Science | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 214332
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of one extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Systems) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
Further study options
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters in Biomedical Engineering
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters in Engineering (Electronics)
- Master of Engineering (Research)
- PhD (Research)