Course type: Honours
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.4, A Levels: 8, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Engineering (Software) (Honours) is a future-oriented course that enables you to choose a course of study with either an electronics or computer science focus.
It provides you with a solid foundation in the technical and professional skills and knowledge required to pursue a successful career and recognises that in a fast-moving modern world, you need to be professionally mobile and flexible.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Software) at Flinders was the first software engineering degree in South Australia specifically created for students looking to work as professional software engineers and the first to be accredited with Engineers Australia.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Software Engineering?
Software engineering is a dynamic emerging engineering discipline that is concerned with all aspects of software use, from design and development to maintenance and management.
Combining the art and skill of engineering with the power of computer technology, software engineering develops programs and products that meet the demands of the modern economy.
Why study Software Engineering at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Engineering (Software) (Honours) at Flinders:
- combines the science and skill of engineering with the power of computer technology
- is accredited by both Engineers Australia and the Australian Computer Society and is recognised internationally
- lets your participate in Flinders University’s nationally recognised 20-week industry placement program
- prepares you to meet the academic requirements for attaining chartered professional engineer status upon graduation.
This program is fully accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer.
Professional engineering courses accredited by Engineers Australia are recognised internationally under the Washington Accord.
Graduates meet the academic requirements for attaining chartered professional engineering status.
This course is also accredited by the Australian Computer Society at the professional level. Courses accredited by the Australian Computer Society are recognised internationally under the Seoul Accord.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the College of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Mathematical Studies or equivalent. Knowledge of SACE Stage 2 Physics or equivalent is assumed.
International students are expected to have completed senior secondary mathematical methods/mathematical studies or equivalent.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
|Annual fees:||2017: $30,700
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Network Systems) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics) (Honours) / Master of Engineering (Electronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering Science
Further study options
- Doctor of Philosophy (Research)
- Master of Engineering (Research)
- Master of Engineering (Electronics)
- Master of Engineering (Biomedical)